Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice! Hows the weight compared to stock?

I would love to do a set of those but with a 19" front, would be fun to be able to swap wheel and have a more aggressive tire for fire roads on a 19".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Diavel to Multi.

I just picked up my '17 Multi 1200S Touring after trading my '12 Diavel Red with full Termi's . Quite a difference in ride quality to say the least. I'm loving it so far except for the stock seat! I had the comfort seat on the Diavel and it was good for 300 mile days. I didn't buy it for long distance touring as I have a Wing the wife and I have put 90 thousand miles on. I think the Multi will be great to take to the N. Carolina and N. Georgia mountains to ride the twisty's! I'm just starting with the "farkles" and hope to gleam some info from this forum. I was happy to see PJ from the old PJ's parts is on here as I bought a MIVV pipe for my Tiger 1050 from him back in the day. I may be a senior rider but still love to "hook it" down the road LOL!

Attachments

·
Hammer Down
1,593 Posts
I just picked up my '17 Multi 1200S Touring after trading my '12 Diavel Red with full Termi's . Quite a difference in ride quality to say the least. I'm loving it so far except for the stock seat! I had the comfort seat on the Diavel and it was good for 300 mile days. I didn't buy it for long distance touring as I have a Wing the wife and I have put 90 thousand miles on. I think the Multi will be great to take to the N. Carolina and N. Georgia mountains to ride the twisty's! I'm just starting with the "farkles" and hope to gleam some info from this forum. I was happy to see PJ from the old PJ's parts is on here as I bought a MIVV pipe for my Tiger 1050 from him back in the day. I may be a senior rider but still love to "hook it" down the road LOL!
Congrats on the new bike, let me know when you get to N Ga with it I’d love to ride with you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
After owning 3 Ducs ( 2 Monsters and 1 ST2), I bought a BMW K1200S which was a great bike; comfortable, lots of features I didn't have one my previous bikes, and very fast. I sold it last fall and have been bikeless for a year. I really thought I would buy a K1600GT and was in the process of negotiating a deal one when I came across a 2013 MTS 1200S Touring with 3500 miles at a great price.....so I bought it. I'm back in the fold! I pick it up tomorrow and am thinking I should bring it to the dealer to have them go through it. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Staying with Ducati

Nice to be back to all the creature comforts of the Multistrada after a couple of fun years with the 796. Previously rode and wrote for BMW on an '00 R1150R and '09 R1200RT. Also rode the BMW K1600GT in Britian. The new '17 Multistrada 1200 S Touring in Volcano Grey is light years ahead in performance, comfort and technology.
I would, however, like the option of controlling the music player on my smartphone through the Ducati Multimedia player. Anyone got the music player controls to work with just their smartphone and earbuds yet? Phone connects fine and scrolls caller ID and text messages notices just fine. Says music player is 'not available.'
Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

New forum member here. Male, 41 yr old, had all kinds of bikes. Last two were a Panigale 899 and now a Multistrada Pike's Peak. I thorougly loved the Panigale, but it got destroyed by someone in a box on four wheels who totally ignored a red light. After the insurance money came in, I opted for something with the power of a racer but with a more comfy riding position (I'm getting old, after all). I wanted something that I could enjoy for more then two hours on end. And well, the PP delivered. I love the power and the suspension (contrary to the suspension of the Multistrada 1200S I took out for a long test ride). And the sound... It really is the most beautiful sound in a bike I have ever heard. Rode it to Silverstone recently from Holland where I live, loved that.

Have had the PP for 3500km now. Things I've changed are:

- Full Termi
- Michelin Power RS tires
- Suspension tightened
- Puig windscreen
- Carbon lower hand guards

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi,

New forum member here. Male, 41 yr old, had all kinds of bikes. Last two were a Panigale 899 and now a Multistrada Pike's Peak. I thorougly loved the Panigale, but it got destroyed by someone in a box on four wheels who totally ignored a red light. After the insurance money came in, I opted for something with the power of a racer but with a more comfy riding position (I'm getting old, after all). I wanted something that I could enjoy for more then two hours on end. And well, the PP delivered. I love the power and the suspension (contrary to the suspension of the Multistrada 1200S I took out for a long test ride). And the sound... It really is the most beautiful sound in a bike I have ever heard. Rode it to Silverstone recently from Holland where I live, loved that.

Have had the PP for 3500km now. Things I've changed are:

- Full Termi
- Michelin Power RS tires
- Suspension tightened
- Puig windscreen
- Carbon lower hand guards

Does the full Termi fit with the panniers without mods?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone

So today I got to take out my 2017 Multistrada 1200S on a back country road. This thing is awesome. My dealer had a bunch of 2018s and 2 2017s left in stock so I was able to haggle a deal. Did 100 miles today and this damn thing wants to drive itself. It really is nice! The only thing is...the manual says to keep it under 6000 RPMs for break in. But I swear she keeps asking to be opened up! LOL. I’ve owned HD soft tails in the past 09 FXSTB and I ride Honda ST1300s at work. This thing is sublime!

I tried to post photos. But my phone doesn’t like the forum.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Got my 2016 PP, 3 weeks ago, i noticed what it seem a switch for heated grips, but nothing happens, when i push the button. Does it need to be activated on the dash menu? I couldn't find any info on this.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got my 2016 PP, 3 weeks ago, i noticed what it seem a switch for heated grips, but nothing happens, when i push the button. Does it need to be activated on the dash menu? I couldn't find any info on this.

The white switch on top.
Normally you press once for low, then medium and hi, press again for off

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 321 Posts