Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

261 - 280 of 321 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Well I FINALLY broke down and got my Multi!! I've wanted one of these since the 1200's came out and now it's mine!!! The shop I work at had this one as a demo. Couldn't control myself and pulled the trigger.

I did keep my S4Rs though. Not getting rid of that anytime soon!!!

So freakin excited!!!
2014 Multistrada S Touring

Attachments

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,320 Posts
Well I FINALLY broke down and got my Multi!! I've wanted one of these since the 1200's came out and now it's mine!!! The shop I work at had this one as a demo. Couldn't control myself and pulled the trigger.

I did keep my S4Rs though. Not getting rid of that anytime soon!!!

So freakin excited!!!
2014 Multistrada S Touring
This gen stroodle is the best, even 1100 air cooled stroodles agree! Now the 15-17 DVT models... no one likes those :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my MS a few weeks ago with 15K on it, just had the Desmo service done before I bought it...I changed the fluid in the brakes and would agree there must be an easier way to bleed them..I will have to look for those speed bleeders to add onto mine. My front brake was squishy but now it is all better. Anyone using the 5.1 brake fluid for their bike? Just curious as I heard it hold up better to the heat and it is non silicon based.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Picked up my MS a few weeks ago with 15K on it, just had the Desmo service done before I bought it...I changed the fluid in the brakes and would agree there must be an easier way to bleed them..I will have to look for those speed bleeders to add onto mine. My front brake was squishy but now it is all better. Anyone using the 5.1 brake fluid for their bike? Just curious as I heard it hold up better to the heat and it is non silicon based.

Speed bleeders make it soooo much easier.

http://www.speedbleeder.com

Talk to Whitney, very nice and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have used it on and off, as all things there are trade offs, yes the 5.1 has a higher heat tolerance its also more hydroscopic so it won't last very long anyway. As such I traditionally only use 5.1 for track applications.

·
Registered
91 Posts
17 mts 950

Well I picked up my MTS950 yesterday after a nice little test ride. It seems quite a few of the MTS folks are down on this little bad boy. I will tell you coming off of a Monster 1100s the head light on this thing is FANTASTIC. For those that think it is bad you should ride a Monster of my vintage. Also, while it seems $4000 to $6000 dollars difference between a 950 and a 1200 or 1200s is nothing to a lot of you to some of us it is the difference between being able to own a Multistrada or not...

Any way I am very happy to join the MTS family and hope some of you actually ride one before judging too hard. To me the power is surprising, it is quite nimble and affordable at this price point and I welcome the MAJOR difference in service intervals between this and my Monster which is 7500 miles (I currently have 42K miles on it).

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Hi All

I usually frequent the SF section & have been an avid contributor for sometime with innovative & homemade mods

I still have the Matrix & after its engine rebuild its being put together slowly. In the meantimme to keep my eye in so i dont fall off from lack of riding, after a 2 year break i am now picking this up in a week

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Handlebar risers 2015 1200S

Hi!

New to the forum an picking up a 2015 1200S next week, so exited :yeah:

Going to farkle it and make it suit me and I need to get the bars up a bit to fit me perfect

Have found 20mm risers from Touratech but they are only avalible in black, anyone of you who know where to get similar in silver to match the original risers /clamp?

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I have about 500 miles on my new 2016 MTS 1200 Touring. Love this bike. The cruise control is a great thing for resting my old throttle hand.

No long trips. I am 65 and any bike I can stand for an hour is a great bike. This is a great bike.

Attachments

261 - 280 of 321 Posts