Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

241 - 260 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lost two chain gauges that way. I also found that the soft link on the chain was COMPLETELY dry no grease. Chain developed a tight spot at about 18,000km. I made a tool so I could lift each and every 'O' ring on the chain and found the soft link was dry with rust dust. Bought a new joining link and it's all good again now on 24,000++ km and all is fine.
Also found an 'o' ring missing on another link which I also replaced.
Lifting and greasing each link and 'o' ring took about 5 hours.
Chain and sprockets show no noticeable wear yet.
Also after initial adjustments for the first 2/3,000km hardly ever need to adjust the chain just grease it when it gets a bit dusty or on the long runs every other day 1000/1500km intervals.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After having fluid changed on ( 24,000km) service at dealer my clutch lever got so stiff on the way home it stopped working.
What it needed was the slave cylinder removing, stripping and cleaning. No obvious dirt or wear was present and the seal was fine but the noise on operation was terrible. Cleaned and lightly greased the cylinder externally, new fluid and works like new.
I have herd of this before and people say chuck it and buy an after market slave cylinder $200. Fixed mine for a spot of grease and some fluid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same on mine, however a mate (long time Ducati rider) says 7,000 is the magic figure after that the box should be good.
He was right smooth as silk now. I still sometimes stuff up but that's my fault.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Love the transmission on the Multistrada... smooth as silk. It does have false neutrals if you don't put enough umph into the shift but I can live with that given how smooth the bike shifts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Folks that I know (including myself) have repeatedly encountered false neutral between 5th & 6th Gear. Is that not seen anywhere else?

Another one is the N indicator dancing between N & 1 -- particularly when subjecting bike to stop-Go traffic!

·
Hammer Down
1,632 Posts
Folks that I know (including myself) have repeatedly encountered false neutral between 5th & 6th Gear. Is that not seen anywhere else?

Another one is the N indicator dancing between N & 1 -- particularly when subjecting bike to stop-Go traffic!
I get a false neutral between 5-6 all the time. More often shifting down from 6th. For shifting to neutral, I try to do that before coming to a complete stop. I've only got around 5k miles so we'll see how much better it gets.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Interesting. I have only had it happen up shifting (from 5 to 6) and only when shifting without the clutch... It has done it about 3 times, I have found if I just make sure I am more positive in my shifting (I was almost to soft on the lever and short stroking the shift) it doesnt do it... Def not a Honda transmission, but the more miles I put on the bike, the better it feels....

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
As long as it's fun. It took my wife three years to find out that the bike in the garage now isn't the same one that was there before. I only told her because the bikes came up in conversation during a family visit/trip this past weekend, and I just had to let someone else in on the joke.

·
Registered
425 Posts
As long as it's fun. It took my wife three years to find out that the bike in the garage now isn't the same one that was there before. I only told her because the bikes came up in conversation during a family visit/trip this past weekend, and I just had to let someone else in on the joke.
The game ended when she came through the the garage again this evening. She can't tell bikes apart, but she sure knows what a temporary tag means.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Just ordered a 1200s Touring

Hi all, been a user of the forum for a couple of years now. I still have the ST2 and ST4S. I've just ordered myself the 1200s Touring for delivery this month! I was going to wait until the new models come out but the price is increasing by nearly £1000 on Jan the first.

Can't wait to get the new bike :)

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got me a 16 1200s DVT a few weeks ago.
It's still at the dealer getting a bunch of fun bits installed. (plus, they're storing it for free until end of March).

The "list":
Ducati Top case
Ducati Fog Lights
Ducati Tank Bag
Marchesni forged magnesium wheels (gold)
Pirelli Rosso Corsa tires (bike will never be taken off road)
Ducat Performance carbon fiber "conveyors"
-MotoComposits carbon fiber:
Front fender
Rear Hugger
Upper and Lower Handguards
Front fairing
HealTech Quick Shifter

Rear passenger pegs and hangers powdercoat black
Engine guard powdercoat Red (everyone does black- gonna try red and see how it looks)

I'll get some pics posted up after the powdercoating is done this week.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
My new bike!
Nothing says classy like a chipboard wall. :wink2:

Congrats on the new bike... they're an almost illegal amount of fun (occasionally they ARE an illegal amount of fun if you don't have a lot of self-restraint).

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have owned several Ducati's but never a Multi, largely due to my short legs. With the new ones being significantly lower, I got a PP and LOVE it! Only 575 miles on it so far, did that in the first 3 days I owned it! Just ordered the speed bleeders and top case (already got the panniers). Looking forward to many happy miles.

IMG_6418.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 338 Posts