Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about 2 months ago I decided to join my father and get a Ducati. Got a 04 Yellow 749 with 2500 miles on it from a 2nd owner who only put 100 miles on it. Runs good except a couple of times I have already experienced the funky hesitation when you 'add the pepper'. I have already run and additive thru it but am thinking I need to take her in for a service. I am unsure as to service history (i know that is bad, sorry!) but at almost 4000 miles I think it may be time. It kills me because I wanna save on labor and go PCIII on it but without pipes, a mapout seems like a waste of $$$. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well about 2 months ago I decided to join my father and get a Ducati. Got a 04 Yellow 749 with 2500 miles on it from a 2nd owner who only put 100 miles on it. Runs good except a couple of times I have already experienced the funky hesitation when you 'add the pepper'. I have already run and additive thru it but am thinking I need to take her in for a service. I am unsure as to service history (i know that is bad, sorry!) but at almost 4000 miles I think it may be time. It kills me because I wanna save on labor and go PCIII on it but without pipes, a mapout seems like a waste of $$$. Any suggestions? Thanks
Get the belts and valves done before u start thinking abt upgrades.

You won't be needing a map for PCIII with stock pipes. just use the preset map. you'll see a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I planned on the service before doing anything. Some of the guys at my local shop basically only reccomended the Ducati performance kit or nothing at all. Ill go for more opinions, otherwise she shall be only cosmetic mods....

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
A PCIII on a stock pipe will help with that 5K rpm weak point in the powerband. Not a bad idea, but I agree get it running right stock first before you start adding mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts