Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5/22/16 I bought my first Duc, a 2010 Multistrada S. Full Termi exhaust and Ducati chip were an added bonus. Asked 11,5 and I got it for 10. 18k miles. Here are the CL pics.

A little background on myself.
I've been on 2 wheels since my 10th birthday ('82). First street bike was a brandy new Kawi ZX6 in '91. Owned it a while and was on it for "the big one". Riding w/ a friend and a cage did a left crossing our lane. He hit the car, his bike careening off into me. Took a few years off, then found an '88 Honda Hawk GT. Progresses from it to a Honda SuperHawk, which I still have and modded to my liking.

I've always liked the Multi. I sat on a 1st gen and loved the ergos, but not the looks. When the 1200 came out, I loved it. Joined another multi forum in '09 but just found this one. I only lurked there as I didn't won one.

I've been a DIY'er since before the dirt days. Had a dad that took the time to teach me right. Hope I'm doing the same for my soon to be 16 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter. I currently work @ the local used bike shop as a "tech" doing light maint.
https://sportbikes2.wordpress.com/

So there's my story and I'm sticking to it! Hope to learn a lot on here. First thing I searched was info on my useless rear brake. Wow, what frustration!

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I do have a somewhat urgent problem I need help with. The Termi pipe has lost it's heat shield and the PO didn't replace it. I've already melted 85% of the way through my AStar riding boots! :crying:
Anyone able to direct me to a replacement?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mike.
I moderate the SuperHawk Forum, so I'm usually on top of all that jazz. Just searching endlessly for this shield so I can relax my right foot!

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Hello good sir,

Welcome! Excellent intro and first post. There are many great folk here with THE right information to help. Best wishes with you new steed.

Reactions: Wolverine1

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Hi Mike.
I moderate the SuperHawk Forum, so I'm usually on top of all that jazz. Just searching endlessly for this shield so I can relax my right foot!
Do a search for an aftermarket shield , say Carbon fiber and something might show up.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Multi9.jpg
Thanks for the link Mark. I have the full Termi exhaust and I can't find the shield for that. Any thoughts? I'm not having much luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts