Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got myself into a 95ss/sp.

I bought it from an Airman on the base here in Great Falls Montana who had to sell two of his bikes, due to relocation to Germany.

So needless to say I wasent able to talk to him much about the mods he did to the bike...

Heres what I do know.

It has been re-jetted with a stage 2 dyno jet, jet kit. Using the YJ-150 jets.
It does not have an air box it has two stack style filters on the carbs.
It has different sprokets then stock on it...
It also has ducati performance slip on straight threw mufflers.

Heres the deal.

The bike is running so increadably rich I honestly dont know how it stays running. The plugs foul out after about an hour running, I have been just brushing them off hitting them with some carb cleaner and throwing them back in. Works about 5 times or so and then a new plugs are needed...

I noticed in the dyno jet kit instrutions that if your in high altitude you should use the YJ-140 jets.

Do you think that its just the bigger jets at the higher altitude. Or that a carb-sync is needed...

Thanks for the help
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Does it seem to happen worse at low rpm, low throttle settings or higher rpm stuff?

My bike fouled plugs pretty quickly when I bought it. Seemed to happen mainly at low throtle settings. Turned out to be emulsion tubes (aka needle jets?), which most jet kits don't come with.

How many miles are on the bike? If it's around 20k or more I can pretty much assure you they're worn out... mine were bad before that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it seem to happen worse at low rpm, low throttle settings or higher rpm stuff?

My bike fouled plugs pretty quickly when I bought it. Seemed to happen mainly at low throtle settings. Turned out to be emulsion tubes (aka needle jets?), which most jet kits don't come with.

How many miles are on the bike? If it's around 20k or more I can pretty much assure you they're worn out... mine were bad before that.
Low RPM's are really choppy bike doesent really get out of it till about 4 grand. Pretty jurky below that and allmost feels like its missing every 5-7 strokes. High RPMS are smooth till red-line.

The bike has about 13.5k miles on it. But then again when I bought it the speedo dident work and I havent had time to acually figure that out... Just been paceing traffic up to now... The previous owner said there was less then 150 miles driven without the speedo working.

Is there somewhere I can get a carb rebuild kit... I'm new to ducati's so I really dont know "the site" to go to for all that is ducati... lol

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the world of Ducati! This guy will regret not brining his Duc to Europe, I shipped 3 bikes the last time I moved accross the pond, not sure why they told him 1, they go in HHG's...... Anyway his loss your gain!;)

I would say the emulsion tubes are worn, many many moons ago when I was running a stock motor with those crappy stock carbs I replaced mine, they were ovaled out if I remember right, pretty easy to change if you have some wrench ability.

Check out this site: If you look under performance mods he has a article on how to install a jet kit. http://www.ducatisuite.com/index.html

I don't recall were I bought my imulsion tubes from, maybe try a google search or try these sites:

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/
http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/

Lots of knowlegable/helpfull guys here and on Speedzilla, you came to the right place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts