Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I will be taking delivery of this bike soon. Does anyone know what kind of mufflers these are on the bike? Also, this bike does come with the wind screen, which from my understanding rises the handlebars. These handlebars do appear to be raised a little. Any thoughts? And lastly, I would like a chrome headlight. I found the below headlight on Ebay for a monster. Does anyone know if this will fit, or have a source for a chrome headlight that will fit?

Cheers,
Gatsby

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice. What are your plans for the bike?
Personally I would install:

• Tail tidy
  • Flat bars
  • Diopa seat

And turn it into something like this...

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Hi,
I will be taking delivery of this bike soon. Does anyone know what kind of mufflers these are on the bike? Also, this bike does come with the wind screen, which from my understanding rises the handlebars. These handlebars do appear to be raised a little. Any thoughts? And lastly, I would like a chrome headlight. I found the below headlight on Ebay for a monster. Does anyone know if this will fit, or have a source for a chrome headlight that will fit?

Cheers,
Gatsby

View attachment 1002672

View attachment 1002673
View attachment 1002674
Great looking bike. Welcome to the family.

Go to JC/PAKBIKES DUCATI Sport Classic Specialties

He can help you sort it out.

Enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I like the 65 Mustang in the background better lol--Is it dark blue? --I had one back in the 70's -mine was a coupe 289 w/ 4 barrel & 4 speed

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
43 Posts
Welcome Gatsby! The bike looks like the Touring model with the chrome rack, elevated handle bars, and front and rear chrome fenders. I also see the Halcyon mirrors, rear touring hugger and 2009 or 2010 black with white stripe paint scheme. I can’t tell you anything about the mufflers unfortunately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

• Tail tidy
  • Flat bars
  • Diopa seat

View attachment 1002675

Nice Bike spartanheed! I'm going to be keeping the bike relatively stock, with the exception a new set of Keihan's. I already have a Norton Commando cafe racer, so I was on the hunt for a comfortable commuter with a bit of spunk.

Cheers,
Gatsby

·
Registered
536 Posts
That electronics piece (box) is the voltage regulator/ rectifier. Not sure if you have that because it was replaced or possibly upgraded to a different style unit.

Did you receive any service records with the bike? When were timing belts last changed, valves checked/ adjusted? As others have observed the Pirelli Phantom tires, those may be the originals and would be over ten years old now.

I would recommend taking the bike to someone familiar with Ducatis for a full inspection/ evaluation. Maybe find a reputable independent who knows these bikes in your area, if you don't want to take it to a dealer. Don't want to scare you off, but I think you'd feel better about the bike and riding it if you have it checked out and a fresh service, including timing belts, done on it. It's a cool bike, and I think you'd want to get the most enjoyment out of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That electronics piece (box) is the voltage regulator/ rectifier. Not sure if you have that because it was replaced or possibly upgraded to a different style unit.

Did you receive any service records with the bike? When were timing belts last changed, valves checked/ adjusted? As others have observed the Pirelli Phantom tires, those may be the originals and would be over ten years old now.

I would recommend taking the bike to someone familiar with Ducatis for a full inspection/ evaluation. Maybe find a reputable independent who knows these bikes in your area, if you don't want to take it to a dealer. Don't want to scare you off, but I think you'd feel better about the bike and riding it if you have it checked out and a fresh service, including timing belts, done on it. It's a cool bike, and I think you'd want to get the most enjoyment out of it.
Ahhhh yes. Voltage regulator / Rectifier. I have only ever ridden and worked on old British bikes, so there will be a learning curve. I do plan on doing the belts and checking the valve clearances (and new tires). I'm pretty pumped to have a modern bike!

·
Registered
852 Posts
In 2006 I heard that the local Ducati dealer was having a new bike test ride day. I was riding a Norton Commando and a BSA B44 Victor. I had never ridden a modern bike so I thought I'd give it a go. I was shocked at how much bikes had improved in 30 years. Push the button and it starts. Revolutionary! No nursing the throttle until it warmed up. And the brakes!! When I got home I mentioned to my wife how much better the new bikes were at being... bikes. She said " You are always working on those leaky smelly British bikes. Why don't you just go buy that Ducati!" And I said "Yes, Ma'am!"

But I still ride the Commando because there is just "something" about the older Brit bikes the newer bikes don't have. In every quantifiable way the modern bikes are "better" but...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Cheers,
Gatsby

View attachment 1002672

View attachment 1002673
View attachment 1002674
Nice bike! I'd be interested in knowing which exhaust that is ... (y)

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
68 Posts

• Tail tidy
  • Flat bars
  • Diopa seat

View attachment 1002675
@spartanheed , happy with the Diopa ? Appears to be 2 Diopa companies which one did you go to. JC's seats look awesome as well, but pricing is about double and the Diopa at least comes in red ( may skip painting) .
Also toying with making my own using 76 seat mould and widening. ( May also be talking out of my arse once I speak and connect with real fabricators)

·
Registered
187 Posts
@spartanheed , happy with the Diopa ? Appears to be 2 Diopa companies which one did you go to. JC's seats look awesome as well, but pricing is about double and the Diopa at least comes in red ( may skip painting) .
Also toying with making my own using 76 seat mould and widening. ( May also be talking out of my arse once I speak and connect with real fabricators)
That's not my bike sorry!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm going to be keeping the bike relatively stock, with the exception a new set of Keihan's. I already have a Norton Commando cafe racer, so I was on the hunt for a comfortable commuter with a bit of spunk.
Excellent choice in the exhaust. I love the sound of the Keihan's and almost purchased them for my bike but ended up getting a set of Termi's instead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@Gatsby Those are Marvin exhaust. I personally love them over Termi when it comes to sound. They got nice grunt and pop to it. I am in the same boat as you are I am not sure if ECU was tuned for those as I purchased my bike as salvage to covert to 1000S.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts