Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
150 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation fastfinch. I'll look at that soon.

I understand these things are potted for weather resistance but I'm still a bit uneasy with mounting it under the existing tray fully exposed to the slop thrown off the rear wheel. I am looking at ways to ventilate the tray yet keep the ECU and RR where they are now.
I've made a bracket to relocate the RR and whilst doing that did a battery mod to shed some weight and provide easier access to the battery. Went with a Shorai battery under the seat.
Ive put over 2000 miles on this setup, as well as some other people who've purchased the setup and haven't had any issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Today I swapped out the bars and grips. The Halcyon mirror on the RH side had an adapter that was so firmly jammed in to the bar that I couldn't get it loose to adjust the mirror. I bought a set of correct adapters from Classic Parts LTD in the UK and a new LSL bar from Spiegler along with a set of Motogadget grips. I did some cleaning and then did the swap. New bars are a bit taller with more pullback and thick wall aluminum. Grips have some series girth and aren't all squishy like the dead ones on the bike. I've got a 5 hour road trip planned for this coming Thursday so we'll see how she does.

As purchased.

New bits

·
Registered
431 Posts
Replacing the R/R with a mosfet is great just make sure it also gets the appropriate airflow. Its location under the seat is terrible.
Not to dwell on the rectifier, and I know there's a ton of discussion on this forum about it, but isn't a benefit of going MOSFET is that it runs cooler..?? :unsure: So it being under the seat like the original set-up that wawazat is trying to maintain, should be fine. Or am I missing something...?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not to dwell on the rectifier, and I know there's a ton of discussion on this forum about it, but isn't a benefit of going MOSFET is that it runs cooler..?? :unsure: So it being under the seat like the original set-up that wawazat is trying to maintain, should be fine. Or am I missing something...?
Correct, it does in fact run cooler and is of better quality than stock. Also, mounting it under the seat adds even more cooling. Get in touch with JC. He will sort you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks, Mike. I guess what I am saying is: it (MOSFET R/R) being in the stock location should not be an issue, like where the OP wants to keep things.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks, Mike. I guess what I am saying is: it (MOSFET R/R) being in the stock location should not be an issue, like where the OP wants to keep things.
Oh sorry, I totally missed that. Yes it will. I had mine inside for a year in crazy hot weather and it ran just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Stock location and its working fine. The OEM piece was working well but I replaced it as a preventative measure.
Im going to keep the turn signals quiet. I’ll post pics when I’m done with the instal.

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Those are really nice Mike but I have a GT1000 and like the classic looking design elements on the bike. I purchased these Kellermann Bullet 1000 for my Harley bobber but thought they would be a good look on my GT. Similar look though smaller and pulled in up front by removing the extensions. As one of my rear lights base had cracked badly it was time to do something about fixing it.

The stock turn signals use the same mounts front and rear and when I saw the Desmo Bro’s mounts I ordered two sets. They fit though the rear taillight housing needed some minor trimming and the fronts need to be silver not black. I’ll blast and polish them this winter. The lights themselves are heavy cast and machined pieces with a beautiful chrome finish. The fronts can be wired as amber turns or amber turns and white running lights and the rears can be amber turns, red running, and brake lights. I configured them as amber turns only at this point.

I started with the rears

then to the fronts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Somewhere out there is a polished set of our turn signal mounts. If my memory serves me correctly this bike belongs to forum member on here.

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I had the timing belts changed Monday and today took a 250ish mile ride for a business meeting. Out early before Detroit traffic got too crazy. Multiple hour meeting which went well then back home. Cold this morning-55F and really windy this afternoon but low 80s. Panniers worked well with work stuff in one and gear in the other. It was a freeway blast on both directions and my first long (to me) ride. I was nervous but me and the bike handled it fine.

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Fastfinch-are the turn signal mounts powder coated?

I went to two Cars & Coffee events Saturday morning. At both locations the bike got plenty of attention from the car guys. Last night I took it across town to my nieces graduation party. A bit over 1000 miles since I got it last month.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fastfinch-are the turn signal mounts powder coated?

I went to two Cars & Coffee events Saturday morning. At both locations the bike got plenty of attention from the car guys. Last night I took it across town to my nieces graduation party. A bit over 1000 miles since I got it last month.
Yes they are powdercoated. Nice to see you put some miles on it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts