Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike itself is an import of Milan so from the motherland :p

Few issues, if I let go of the bars the front wheel begins to wobble(maybe a suspension setup will cure this)

Had it dynoed, 113 at the rear wheel so it feels like this has already been remapped since the 02 sensors are gone

Is there anyway to update the clocks? Since they were swapped from km to miles. Id like to update them to the actual mileage(I have pictures of the original clocks)

Its been sat for quite a while so itll need a full service, belts and valves. I might even attempt it myself.

Some dudes installed another kill switch on the left which seems to control the fan/fuel pump.

The brakes don't seem to have the strongest bite, but might just need a bleed and new pads.

The fuel tank indicator seems crazy inaccurate, was there ever a fix for this?

Oh also were do people buy maintenance parts(Belts, shims etc) in the UK/Europe from?

The engine is a beauttt absolutely love it.

Cheers

·
Registered
496 Posts
A couple of probable causes for wheel wobble are: wheels/tires out of balance (a main reason and an easy fix), worn steering head bearings from age or from yahoo's doing wheelies, worn or loose (improperly preloaded) wheel bearings. I would also check the axle mounting points. Sure, it could be worn forks but not a prevalent issue. You can check the steering head by putting the bike on the center stand and, while kneeling in front of the front wheel, pull up on the front forks at the bottom - you should have no play at all. Then, rotate the bars back and forth, looking for a notch on center. My bet is the tires though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts