Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Rider here from Morristown, NJ looking to get a Ducati asap! :)

I wanted to know if anyone had any Dealer Advice for this area? My closest dealer seems to be Jack Trebour and I've been there several times when I was investigating the 696.

Anyone else near me?

:Some Info about me:

Started on a Ninja 250 and initially I was going to upgrade to a 696 last year, but the date for delivery kept getting pushed back and the Aprillia Shiver came out. I loved the way that bike looked more and it had more features for just a bit more money so I figured I would go for it!

This was a big mistake, the Shiver has given me TONS of problems (recalls, etc.) I really wish I went with a Ducati. Aprillia also does not communicate with their dealers well. I had to argue with dealers to get them to bother Aprillia to do warranty work on the bike.

I didn't really want to move down in HP to the 696 and when I saw the Streetfighter I fell in love. I'm not sure which I want to do, a liter bike sounds kind of intimidating but the 696 might feel a little small to me. I'm gonna give them both a go around!

So either way I'll either be on a Monster or a Streetfighter!

·
Registered
557 Posts
As far as service, I used to take my 748 to Trebour. I had it there for the 6k as well as the 12k services. I never had a problem and everyone there was always friendly. I have never purchased a bike from them so I cannot relate my experiences with that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For service, I recommend European Cycle Services in Middletown, NY. A little further (fwiw, Xcountry Ducati is 5 mins from me), but Steve, Jay & Shawn do outstanding work and a fraction of what dealers charge in the area.
As for buying a new Ducati, I'd go to whomever has the best prices and then get it checked out at ECS. Not all bikes are correctly setup from factory/dealership - unless you're buying from say BCM Ducati in NH or that other one in TX.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The staff at Cross Country Ducati/BMW was very responsive and fair o theri pricing. I have purchased items and also have had my bikes serviced and I will definetly go again. Trebor has some very nice folk as well and other Ducati owners have said some nice things as well.

Good luck and sorry to hear about the Aprillia. I have a Tuono as well and have the found the bike to be super. I wouldn't deal with any other Aprillia dealer then Motofit in Danbury CT - Bob is a very good person.

Hi All,

Rider here from Morristown, NJ looking to get a Ducati asap! :)

I wanted to know if anyone had any Dealer Advice for this area? My closest dealer seems to be Jack Trebour and I've been there several times when I was investigating the 696.

Anyone else near me?

:Some Info about me:

Started on a Ninja 250 and initially I was going to upgrade to a 696 last year, but the date for delivery kept getting pushed back and the Aprillia Shiver came out. I loved the way that bike looked more and it had more features for just a bit more money so I figured I would go for it!

This was a big mistake, the Shiver has given me TONS of problems (recalls, etc.) I really wish I went with a Ducati. Aprillia also does not communicate with their dealers well. I had to argue with dealers to get them to bother Aprillia to do warranty work on the bike.

I didn't really want to move down in HP to the 696 and when I saw the Streetfighter I fell in love. I'm not sure which I want to do, a liter bike sounds kind of intimidating but the 696 might feel a little small to me. I'm gonna give them both a go around!

So either way I'll either be on a Monster or a Streetfighter!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Another vote for Trebour.

I purchased my Sport Classic there and am now having it serviced there as well. They are a higher volume shop and there service department gets to see a lot, which I think translates to them knowing more than a slower shop.

The people are nice, and the service guys are great. Oh, and great prices.

I posted a thread recently as to where I should get my bike serviced since I live 5 minutes away from Cross Country. But they are to expensive and I rather build a relationship with one dealer.

Thats my 2 cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts