Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
love the new (2010-12) multistrada

before i purchase, thought i would ask if anyone knows when Ducati will release a new or updated multi?

thanks,
joe

·
Registered
223 Posts
My pure speculative guess would be 2015... Maybe 2014, but I wouldn't expect anything different but a different color option and maybe a few small tweaks here or there. Everyone is still playing catch-up right now...

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I would guess at there being a Multi refresh in 2 or 3 years from now. I hoping the Panigale engine will make it into a Multi refresh. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would guess at there being a Multi refresh in 2 or 3 years from now. I hoping the Panigale engine will make it into a Multi refresh. :D
I aggree! I just bought a brand new multi, i pick it up on friday. cant wait!!

They dont need to di too much to improve this wonderfull machine. The only thing i would like to see on the bike would be a color dash, and of corse the 195hp motor!.

Ducati may not be winning the moto GP, but they sure as hell are building fantastic street bikes.

Go and buy one, you wont be disapointed!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
love the new (2010-12) multistrada

before i purchase, thought i would ask if anyone knows when Ducati will release a new or updated multi?

thanks,
joe
Ditto to previous comments. Get one. You won't regret it. We just got one and it rides very nice and flys.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I think we may see a new instrument cluster (maybe color as on the 1199) and HP bump next year.

Hard to imagine how the bike can be bettered.

All the best!

·
Registered
212 Posts
2014-15 is my guess

Some things Ducati could do: color dash, TPMS, wheelie control, launch control, heated seat, 41 degree version of Panigale engine which BTW allows an under engine exhaust resulting in 2 full size panniers...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks to all of you who replied!

i think it may be as early as 2013....with many of the thoughts mentioned above. will have to ask the local sales team/manager/owner.

joe

·
Registered
150 Posts
There might be some tweaks for the 2013 year, maybe even a new variation like a smaller or more adventure oriented bike, but I bet no significant re-design for the 1200 until at least 2015. I'm skeptical that the extreme short stroke of the 1199 motor will ever be a good fit for the Multistrada. It has less low end and mid range than the 1198 motor and has to be ridden like a 4 cylinder bike to go fast. I really like the cam chains rather than belts though.

Keep in the mind the 1st generation Multistrada was produced from 2003- 2009 with very few changes.

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
my bet no material changes ... .. why would they bother until other manufacturers play catch up.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
The aluminum tank would be a step in a better direction IMO!
Maybe now that Audi takes over few things will change for the better I hope.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now that Multi's have special financing offers I wonder if a refresh Multi is on the way at the end of 2014??

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Now that Multi's have special financing offers I wonder if a refresh Multi is on the way at the end of 2014??
Cheap financing is a standard tactic to move out unsold prior year bikes; I was offered the same in 2012. The 2014s are the same bike as the 2013 but don't have the financing being offered so by itself we can't infer much.

I'd guess 2016 just because a six year cycle for a basic model (2010-2015 model years, notwithstanding the change to Skyhook and dual plug; it's still the same platform) is about one year short of what you'd like to achieve in product planning terms. Platforms commonly run seven years without incurring shame.

Of course, I could well be wrong: they could introduce a new one in '15 but I bet they wish they didn't have to. The Multi is under some pressure from the latest additions with more coming, including a very similar but less expensive machine from Aprilia due to hit here in March or April so the incentive is certainly there.

I don't know if a new GS, the KTM (or coming here soon Aprilia) would have gotten my cash today were I in the market, but as I enjoy my bike I don't feel the need for a new one, just better weather to ride the one I have. The landscape has changed since 2010 though, and no doubt Ducati is hard on it so we'll have an answer soon. My money's on 2016 just 'cause.

·
Registered
406 Posts
... 41 degree version of Panigale engine which BTW allows an under engine exhaust resulting in 2 full size panniers...
11 degree version is what we want...

The under-engine exhaust on a Multi to allow 2 full size panniers is the best idea I've heard in awhile. That, with the TFT display, seem like no brainers.

Bring it Ducati !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts