Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New forum member here. Male, 41 yr old, had all kinds of bikes. Last two were a Panigale 899 and now a Multistrada Pike's Peak. I thorougly loved the Panigale, but it got destroyed by someone in a box on four wheels who totally ignored a red light. After the insurance money came in, I opted for something with the power of a racer but with a more comfy riding position (I'm getting old, after all). I wanted something that I could enjoy for more then two hours on end. And well, the PP delivered. I love the power and the suspension (contrary to the suspension of the Multistrada 1200S I took out for a long test ride). And the sound... It really is the most beautiful sound in a bike I have ever heard. Rode it to Silverstone recently from Holland where I live, loved that.

Have had the PP for 3500km now. Things I've changed are:

- Full Termi
- Michelin Power RS tires
- Suspension tightened
- Puig windscreen
- Carbon lower hand guards

Kind regards,

Julian

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,901 Posts
Hi Julian and welcome to Ducati.ms, super glad to have you here. :).

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section then enjoy the site.

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Hi,

(I'm getting old, after all)

Have had the PP for 3500km now. Things I've changed are:

- Full Termi
- Michelin Power RS tires
- Suspension tightened
- Puig windscreen
- Carbon lower hand guards

Kind regards,

Julian
As a 43 year old, I resent that statement! :grin2:

As for your mods, those are great starts now you need some lighter wheels!

·
Registered
179 Posts
As a 43 year old, I resent that statement! :grin2:

As for your mods, those are great starts now you need some lighter wheels!
Is it just me or are a lot of olderish guys attracted to Ducati?

I'm 42, and always had my eye on them. Couldn't really afford it until now, and the now is the astonishing range of used very high quality bikes. I still can't afford new :D

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Is it just me or are a lot of olderish guys attracted to Ducati?

I'm 42, and always had my eye on them. Couldn't really afford it until now, and the now is the astonishing range of used very high quality bikes. I still can't afford new :D
Maybe so? My buddy who’s 56 just test ride an Enduro yesterday and thinking heavily about it. My first Duc was at the age of 37-38.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts