1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

Looks heavy.. Unless hes a bit tired.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Too small to be a MTS, I hope... Looks more like a hyper.

·
Super Moderator
8,212 Posts
except for the luggage rack..

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Rear subframe does look like it could be off the multi.

so if they're doing an 848 hyper, does this mean an 1198 hyper is coming soon also? oh man that'd be epic.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If any would like to read the whole article in the original post, it does explain the the spy photos are of a water cooled motorcycle so not likely a tard & more likely a baby mutley.

Craig

·
Registered
545 Posts
If any would like to read the whole article in the original post, it does explain the the spy photos are of a water cooled motorcycle so not likely a tard & more likely a baby mutley.

Craig
There is no way that frame is for a Multi. The geometry is wrong; the bar, seat peg relationship is wrong. That bike has the wheelbase and rake of a Hyper, not a Multi. Any why would they design an entirely new frame for a Multi 848?

Actually the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture was that Ducati has built a motard more like the Dorsoduro, which has a liquid cooled motor that's better than the lump in the current Hypers. Maybe having to use Aprilias in Ducati bodywork for the those scenes in that Tom Cruise flick was so embarrasing that they decided to upgrade the Hyper.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

Craig
Well going to a water cooled motorcycle as an upgrade would make sense then for the Hyper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts