Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Test drove one this summer and was smitten. Waiting for the right time to get the best deal possible on a DVT. Purchased my 2012 Vstrom this way and saved a few thousand dollars by getting the previous yr. There was no change to the bike other than a new color option. Riding season really does not start until April up here in the great white north, 2016 is a month away.

For 2015 in Canada, Duc dealers offered a 2500 credit and a (lower price approx 2k off) for left over 2014's. Now, with some of you posting that you got a 2016 shortly after the 2015 release, I wonder if they will do the same and release 2017 before August? If they do this, I could buy a 2015 yr model and 4-5 months later, it will be 2 yrs old.

Or am I way off....:confused:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just took delivery of a leftover 14 touring using the same promotional offer, $2500 off two weeks ago. I've seen Ducati offer this promo every year for the past few years as I have been wanting a MTS since 2010. I'm guessing you would see a similar offer for the 15's next spring or fall. So maybe another 8 months for the 15's if they continue with the same promotion. Since the dealership wanted to see the bike go, I also had them remove the set up cost, freight, etc. so I got up to $4k off the MSRP sticker price. Ideally, my height was suited for the 15's, it was wait another 8 months and put up with all the headaches that comes with a new generation model or get the 2014 now.

·
Registered
273 Posts
with some of you posting that you got a 2016 shortly after the 2015 release, I wonder if they will do the same and release 2017 in August? If they do this, I could buy a 2015 yr model and 4-5 months later, it will be 2 yrs old.

Or am I way off....:confused:
No, you'll have a bike that's 5 months old. Although the world will view a 2015 bike as 1 year old in 2016.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts