Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I figured that it would be worth my while to finally sign up and post here on the Ducati.ms forum. Over the last few years I generally have hung out over at advrider.com and other adventure touring forums. Lurking around I have been reading some great posts and info here, so, as I slip further down the Ducati rabbit (money) hole I figured this would be a good place to start spending a bit more time.

More to the point, I'm Josh (Transcon) and as of 5 days ago I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Pikes Peak. Came to the MTS off of a Diavel and spent the past 18 years prior to that on BMW GS's and K Bikes. Loved the Diavel but discovered it was just not the bike for me after my first 500+ mile day, thats where the MTS came in. Just passed 1000 miles on her and I am in love with this machine. The perfect balance of power, handling, and comfort...I know that's no new news to any of you. Look forward to learning and sharing info with the rest of you in the future

·
Registered
106 Posts
Boy those PP bikes are really nice. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Couldn't decide between red, white, or black, huh? :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Couldn't decide between red, white, or black, huh? :D
To be honest, if I could I'd would have one in every color and rotate them throughout the week. Its just when I first saw the Pikes Peak in the Corse scheme that it was love at first sight. Was a real bitch to locate one this late in the year and I wanted to stick with a 12' for the Ohlin's (no offense to the 13' skyhook which I'm sure will be great) as well as the color scheme. Took about a month to get but the wait was worth it for sure. Hell, as much as I'm loving this bike it could be pink and purple with unicorns airbrushed on it and I'd still ride the piss out of it:yeah:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, look forward to being on here :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
Yup they are pretty...
Worth the wait to get what you KNOW you want...
Enjoy the site and ride...
Diavel has the low seat height , which I would like more , BUT the rest is not as functional as the MTS

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
If it turns out you don't like the PP, just feel free to put it in my driveway. Great bike. Welcome to the wonderful world of Multistrada.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
welcome to .MS and congrats on your new ride! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
To be honest, if I could I'd would have one in every color and rotate them throughout the week. Its just when I first saw the Pikes Peak in the Corse scheme that it was love at first sight. Was a real bitch to locate one this late in the year and I wanted to stick with a 12' for the Ohlin's (no offense to the 13' skyhook which I'm sure will be great) as well as the color scheme. Took about a month to get but the wait was worth it for sure. Hell, as much as I'm loving this bike it could be pink and purple with unicorns airbrushed on it and I'd still ride the piss out of it:yeah:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, look forward to being on here :cool:
Welcome. And, I agree with you-regarding the new technology. Pretty bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome and yes - the bike is nothing but fun. 300+ miles planned for tomorrow. Couldn't do that on the 1198.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What a PP with the original exhaust? I thought they came with the termis ?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I looked into that, seems the US got the stock exhaust and instead were given two windscreens (standard and carbon) as well as the little "limited edition" number plate...mine is 422. In the original press release photos they showed the bike with a Termi slip-on but I found no evidence that any were delivered new here in the US with it installed. Trust me, if it came with the bike I would have made damn sure I got it.

To be honest, I really don't mind the look or sound of the stock cans with the exception of the oversized converter sticking out on the bottom. I've looked at the full Termi and QD exhaust and both of those will be in the running as am eventual replacement. Damn motorcycles are an expensive habit.....

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Go for the QD exhaust. You won't regret it.

·
Señor Member
1,466 Posts
I looked into that, seems the US got the stock exhaust and instead were given two windscreens (standard and carbon) as well as the little "limited edition" number plate...mine is 422. In the original press release photos they showed the bike with a Termi slip-on but I found no evidence that any were delivered new here in the US with it installed. Trust me, if it came with the bike I would have made damn sure I got it.

To be honest, I really don't mind the look or sound of the stock cans with the exception of the oversized converter sticking out on the bottom. I've looked at the full Termi and QD exhaust and both of those will be in the running as am eventual replacement. Damn motorcycles are an expensive habit.....
Or powder coat the stocker :) I'm looking into a mid-pipe removeal and related tuning. Though I'll admit the QD looks really good and might be a better alternative.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congratulations!! Love the Pikes Peak

·
Registered
734 Posts
Welcome and congrats, the PP are sweet. I checked on the exhaust my self for the 2013's and while they're pictured with the Termi the US versions do not come with them. Had the dealer double check.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Hey all,

I figured that it would be worth my while to finally sign up and post here on the Ducati.ms forum. Over the last few years I generally have hung out over at advrider.com and other adventure touring forums. Lurking around I have been reading some great posts and info here, so, as I slip further down the Ducati rabbit (money) hole I figured this would be a good place to start spending a bit more time.

More to the point, I'm Josh (Transcon) and as of 5 days ago I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Pikes Peak. Came to the MTS off of a Diavel and spent the past 18 years prior to that on BMW GS's and K Bikes. Loved the Diavel but discovered it was just not the bike for me after my first 500+ mile day, thats where the MTS came in. Just passed 1000 miles on her and I am in love with this machine. The perfect balance of power, handling, and comfort...I know that's no new news to any of you. Look forward to learning and sharing info with the rest of you in the future

Cracking choice of bike! I have the same :D

Suggestions: bin the rear mud catcher. Replace the rear fender/plate holder/indicators and replace with the Rizoma product with the Rizoma indicators. Fits perfectly & no issues with pannier fitment. Tidies up the rear end beautifully.
Fit Barkbusters.
Evo-Tech crash bungs and Evo-Tech rad guard are the business too.
Get the black Pro Taper bar from Ebrew on this site; makes the cockpit über cool and nice feel and reach to the bars.
Replace the rear brake pad with HH Ferodo "Platinum" pads. Cheap upgrade.
Now for the biggie; which exhaust? I'm Quat-D biased as fitted to mine but you do the research on this site...the threads are endless ;-)
Oh yeah, spoon the Scorpion tires off & fit Michelin Pilot Road 3's. Superb.

Most of all, enjoy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts