Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the new hoses today. Still need to buy some new clamps and fill but wanted to see what you guys think.... not the best pick either!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
definitely makes it seem alive.. like an alien snake is working it's way through your engine. I agree with the Britten similarity... and it's nice to see a bike that isn't purely slicked out... too many of those copies, this is original. Now, I'm not sure what this tart's handbag option is... is that a luggage option? can't find it on ducati.com

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I went for the black set;). Some are easy to replace and the small once under the throttle bodies are a bitch to get to and to be honest, I had to take some of again and redo it since I routed some wrong and missed a hidden one.

It's really a job you want to start slowly and don't rush it, get's a little confusing with so many hoses......

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
On my long-term project Monster S4, I went for the same blue hoses - sort of a hot-rod look:

Sorry for the size of the pic.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody..... except blackie :D

The job wasn't that hard took about 1.5 hrs. Like Guido said just take your time because the hoses are weird. And some of the routing is tricky.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Sorry Vinny, Thats just me . I like a more cleaner,sedate line. but as i said its your bike, if YOU like it then thats all that matters.
Did you manage to get rid of airlocks ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Vinny, Thats just me . I like a more cleaner,sedate line. but as i said its your bike, if YOU like it then thats all that matters.
Did you manage to get rid of airlocks ?
No worries blackie, it's all good fun.

airlocks?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Yes Vinny. Usually with the superbikes we ended up with some airlocl of sorts, just wondering if you ended up with any ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your air pockets during re-filling the coolant system, I haven't done that yet. I need to order some black hose clamp to finish the job

1 - 13 of 13 Posts