Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Monsters, Windscreen or no Windscreen? Whatugot and why?

I use the fairing as a like the little splash of red up front, but the more I see without the fairing and windshield, the more its growing on me. Let see what you have and why? Without it make the front end appear even lower.
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
I took my windscreen off for a little while and liked the look, but I got caught in the rain and it made the insturment panel act goofy and I was afraid it would damage something so I put it back on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Taking off the little windscreen fairing was the first thing I did when I got the bike. It reminds me of those stupid little hats french maids are supposed to wear. Its only going back on the bike if I am touring and therefore riding more than 200 miles a day.

·
Registered
395 Posts
In my next fantasy she can keep the little hat on!

I don't really like the look of the fairing but my S2r feels more stable at speed with it on. And, on a long ride, any protection is better than nothing.
I put mine back on.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Initially, I preferred it with, but now I prefer the look without. I found removing the fairing made very little noticeable difference in airflow on the highway, so I'm keeping it off.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
In my next fantasy she can keep the little hat on!

I don't really like the look of the fairing but my S2r feels more stable at speed with it on. And, on a long ride, any protection is better than nothing.
I put mine back on.
I don't notice any difference with or without it and I think the bike looks better without it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gone. I had it on for a few weeks and really liked the look of it at first, but when I saw one without, I had to lose it. Makes the front end look more muscular to me; more mechanical.
To Winchester Boy, did you replace the fairing with the substitute plastic cover, or just leave the wires open and exposed? I'd be surprised that the electronics went funky!

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Like the first picture.
Where did you get such a thing?
If you got your bike new, your dealer should've given you the cover with your bike. If you bought your bike used, the previous owner should've given it to you. If none of the above are true, try calling around local dealerships to see if they have any spares and can give or sell you. I had to track down a dealer 3 states away and pay them $5 for the cover and $12 for the overnight shipping. Sucks that I had to pay for a part that should've been included with the bike (I bought mine used though), but I'm happy to have it and it looks so much better IMO!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I bought mine new in November of '08 but if I got one I don't remember it.
I agree it looks better.
I'll find one somewhere.
Thank you!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree it looks better.
I'll find one somewhere.
Thank you!
Call your dealer first. While most dealers I called told me they don't have any because they give them to their customers upon delivery, the one I got it from apparently doesn't, so they have a bunch hanging around. Your dealer probably fits in that category.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I agree it looks better.
I'll find one somewhere.
Thank you!
I bought my bike new but they didn't give me the cover. I found out about all this when I took the fairing off and saw the mess of wires and the brackets sticking out. Went by the dealer I bought from, which is only 20 minutes away, and they gave me a cover free of charge.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
In my opinion that little painted cover surrounding the gauges is almost an insult - too small to be effective as a windbreaker or an added styling feature. Ducati should give us back an updated look, quick-release 1/4 faring and an instrument cover.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts