Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just got my settlement money from the lady who totaled my 749 (rest in peace :( ) and I'm going to buy a monster S2R tomorrow!

Now, the real point of this post is because I'm going to want a rear seat cowl for it, but I don't have 25 posts and I'm not allowed to post in the Classifieds yet :/ Anyone have one laying around that they aren't using? Or does anyone have some recommendations for me as to where I could find one?

Regards,
matmatician

·
Registered
373 Posts
Coolness! I've got an S2R and it's my favorite bike yet! :D

Note that the rear cowl from ANY pre-1100/696 monster will fit and work:
1993-2002 M900/750/600/400
2003-2008 M1000/800/695/620
S2R1000,800
S4R
S4

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! I had a feeling that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure before I pulled the trigger on one. Got any mods you would recommend? The bike I'm getting is pretty much bone stock, so I'm gonna be doing things here and there when I can.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i hope you're not looking at that '06 S2r1000 that's been on Seattle CL for so long.
it's red/red and the scumbag owner says it's "wicked fast" in the ad.
it's actually "wicked f'd up".

·
Registered
373 Posts
Got any mods you would recommend? The bike I'm getting is pretty much bone stock, so I'm gonna be doing things here and there when I can.
Get "real brakes" and a full exhaust system for it. By real brakes, I mean good new aftermarket rotors and new or used "2 pin" calipers from another model. Try to avoid the BS where people tell you to get "4 pad" calipers. They're overkill and no more rigid than the 65mm mount 2 pin calipers. :)

Disclaimer: I'm in a position to sell this stuff, so my opinion is technically biased.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hope you're not looking at that '06 S2r1000 that's been on Seattle CL for so long.
it's red/red and the scumbag owner says it's "wicked fast" in the ad.
it's actually "wicked f'd up".
Actually, it was lol. I know there was a lot of small superficial damage (front sprocket cover, frame scuffs that have been re-painted, scuffs on the instrument panel, scuffs on the carbon fiber, scuffed up beer tray, spedometer not working because the battery was replaced, etc...) but I was planning on replacing all that stuff anyways, except the frame. That I can have someone professionally touch up, I have a friend who is awesome with paint touch ups. Mechanically, it seemed sound though, unless I missed something...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts