Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I haven't had a Monster in my stable for quite some time. A 2007 S4Rs was my last Monster. I really like the look of the 2020 1200 S (Black on Black) but then i saw a picture of a 2019 1200S in Concrete Grey. I really liked the way that looked. Haven't seen one in person, but it also looks really nice. My 2012 Streetfighter S is Titanium, so I guess I'm sort of partial to grey. Any opinions on that? Also, Mechanically, is the 2020 Black on Black identical to the 2019 1200 S? And, are these fuel tanks still 'expandable' (like my Streetfighter' or are they now aluminum?

Thanks

you know, grey is my favorite color, I felt so symbolic yesterday
If I knew Picasso, I would buy myself a grey guitar and play...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Red is the only color for a Ducati

But I can appreciate the non-discript grey when dealing with authorities...and the hi viz yellow if your never leaving the city

Personally I want mine to be fast...not obscene...not particularly memeroble ...if I could put a Russian hat on and hit the Twisties like a mob hit...that'd be a win....other than that my other dream is pealable wraps like Johnny dangerously...lol

I think I figured out my next mod....ducks and fuzzy bunnies...come on down to O'Leary's...oim buyin...lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
As @Buhgaboo put it, there are no other colors for a proper Ducati.
Sorry.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL. Thanks for the feedback, but I already have three other Ducatis that are red. Doesn't that make me part of the club? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my Silver/Black S2R 1000 new in 2006 and WISHED I had bought the Red/White one.....well 14 years later I finally got it painted red!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like contrast and shine...
I don't like the matte colors at all... not. At first I did not like the grey, but it grew on me.
An all (shiny) black 1200R was looking nice. The used 821 in White with Red frame almost took the prize...
I settled on a white 1200S with a sort of bronze frame I think. Pics were not great... But it sold before I made the move.

I settled on this 2014 1200S

Rex
1584969074383.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts