Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am new here but have been playing with Bimotas for a couple of years now.
It all started in this older italian man's garage with a very intricate motorcycle frame on the floor...
Isn't that a Bimota frame ???- Oh yes yes oh you know Bimota let me show you here in the box and here I have it all but it would need a good mechanic to rebuild.
Then and there I was hooked !!!
That first one was a KB1 wich is now completely rebuilt and on loan in a museum but after that I found a much less complete SB4 in pieces also that I am working on now.
I will try to add picture of my KB1 and will make another post for parts still not found for my SB4.

Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am new here but have been playing with Bimotas for a couple of years now.
It all started in this older italian man's garage with a very intricate motorcycle frame on the floor...
Isn't that a Bimota frame ???- Oh yes yes oh you know Bimota let me show you here in the box and here I have it all but it would need a good mechanic to rebuild.
Then and there I was hooked !!!
Frank
I can just hear the Italian accent and see the old guy getting excited to share with a knowledgable friend. :D That makes the bike even more special. I have some 40 pages of internet history about my DB2 and it is really worth knowing.
If you are looking for other parts Europe is the place to go. Fleabay in Germany and other countries almost always has parts for some Bimota on it. You just need a way to translate the words you can't understand or figure out. I use Yahoo Bablefish but perhaps there are better ones. (Not that I buy anything but it beats the crap on TV :rolleyes:) http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ See the bottom of Ebay.com for other countries.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Frank

Very nice
I also have a KB1 but mine is used for race use use.

If you require help with the correct decals i can get them very easily.

I also have had made many parts so if you are stuck let me know.

Carl

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... there is an italian Francesco and a French Canadian François but yes in english you could say 2 Franks.

And yes it is him.

François

1 - 6 of 6 Posts