Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new member here i am thinking about getting a black SFS but already have a bmw K1200S wife is giving me a hard time. Just wanted to know how is the bike is it worth the aggravation I'm going to get from my wife! and do they have any problem I should know about before I pick it from the dealer the dealer is not coming down off the sticker price that much is that normal for this bike or can I do Better? What do you guys think thanks for your help emax :confused:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the bike trully worths the aggravation youll get from yout wife!!:)
there is the fueling problems (almost fixed with the ECU update) and the right footpeg problem...
dealers dont come down off the sticker price, not that much even if you pay cash... :-(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh hell yeah. It's worth the aggravation. I have a K1200GT, and added the SFS to my stable after already adding a Super Duke. The SFS is a true naked superbike, and after you break it in, the power in the upper end of the rev range is truly breathtaking.
I love the thing, and was willing to sleep in a tent in the yard for buying it. Not really. Just point out to her that an SFS with all the trimmings is still cheaper than the cheapest Mazda Miata, has almost as much HP, weighs 1 ton less, and won't make you look like a sissy.
Just DO IT.

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
Just point out to her that an SFS with all the trimmings is still cheaper than the cheapest Mazda Miata, has almost as much HP, weighs 1 ton less, and won't make you look like a sissy.
Now that's some funny shit!!!!

Noob you need to spend a little time on here looking around and reading, it's rude to ask us to repeat it all for you :(

oh I see, you're from NY - no time to read for yourself... and I almost forgot - welcome aboard!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
newsfs black

Well you guys talked me into it went to the bank today and got the loan i am picking up tomorrow i got a black sfs and it is a hot looking bike checked with the service dept: and they ran the vin: no recalls on that bike according to the vin does any one know of anything else i need to do before picking this thing up tomorrow can't wait won't be able to sleep tonight thanks for the support. (PS i am sleeping on the couch tonight wife wasn't happy with me oh well she will get over it)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D hey need up grades where do you go looking on line and have not found what i'm looking for need tank protector and all the good stuff to make it my own.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Alreet

Get rid of that German shit & buy a proper bike :D

You need that German shit for touring. I have an R1200ST and while it doesn't give me the rush the SFS does, it a damn fine bike. I won't put a passenger on my SFS and do a week of touring, but will on the ST and it's quick enough in the curves.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:(Just an update could not pick up my new sfs today raining real bad here and is supposed to rain all weekend witch sucks for me can't wait to ride it. I will post some pics when i get it prob: next week some time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck with your purchase! I also have BMW K1300S. I've got 9500miles on it since May of this year. I don't see myself putting that kind of mileage on the SF but its a hell of a lot of fun to ride. As for aftermarket stuff I've added a few cosmetic things but the handlebars, pegs, clutch slave, ECU, Termi's and 14t front sprocket have made the bike incredible for me. I'm not saying that you have to do all that to get a great bike, its awesome as is(except the low-rpm fueling)!!

Here's a pic of mine.....Black is the way to go....IMHO!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mike thanks for the input your bike is sweet I want to do the same but need some time to make it my own already ordered the frame sliders and forksliders and was thinking about the rear lic: plate but don't know witch one to get :confused: I also like the radiator carbon fiber looks real good too. (maybe for xmas)did the front sprocket make a big difference? thanks for your help.an't wait to pick the bike up will post pics: when I get her home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
PM sent. Any question you have on aftermarket parts and the performance has probably been addressed on this forum. I usuallly would just do a search for the topic and you will get a wealth of info as well as different opinions on most everything. Pretty much everything I bought for the bike I researched here first!

Good luck again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts