Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: :( :mad:

Hello Ducati.ms! My name is Kevin and I am new to this forum. I just purchased a 99 748 yesterday and today has been my first full day of riding.

On my way back home this evening, a rock was kicked up by a semi truck and broke my headlamp glass lens. Its a bullseye, and there is debris in the headlamp bucket :(

Does anyone here have ANY idea on how i could fix this? Know of anywhere i may get a new one? Have one to sell? Please help! I absolutely love this bike, and something like this has to come along and ruin my day.

Thanks for whatever help you all can offer.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Damn dude! That's really gotta suck. I'm not sure where to get a new one but there are a bunch of dealers and vendors on this page that should help you out.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Good luck with it and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...it sucks A LOT... i wish the rock or whatever it was, missed my headlight and knocked out my teeth instead... They'd probably be easier to replace HAHA.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a headlamp assembly they wish to sell? How about those of you that have done the race conversion?

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Kevin, check ebay. Gotham Cycles and Ducati Depot are two good places to buy used parts from. Good luck.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Attached is a link to Motowheels and a headlight unit that they sell. It's the entire unit.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/mySearchResult.cfm?parentcategoryid=&productID=5205&showDetail=1&categoryID=142|Ducati%20748-998%20Electrical&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=748%20headlight&collection=

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks for your help guys! I think ill get one for the Motowheels site!--Then again Gotham has it cheaper.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys. I greatly appreciate it. This forum rocks! I just ordered the set that Gotham Cycles had in stock. Pricey, but better than most places. Eh, its what we get for what we ride, eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts