Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys I'm Nik and as all of you wouldve guessed i am new in this forum. I had a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me with it. I was interested in the Hypermotard 796 and im going to the showroom this thursday to purchase it. The internet price says 10,295 MRSP but the sales person told me its $14,000!!!! Could i get some guidance on how much i should be looking at paying OTD please?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think 14,000 is too much when the Internet price is 10000+. Taxes and fees should probably put you around the 12500 mark or so. Plus you can always haggle with them depending how popular the bike is in your area and how many of those bikes they have in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was what i thought. I live in NY and the HM. I saw was based in Oakdale, NY. I think they had a fair amount of HM left. I wasnt sure if the MSRP price the listed on their website was what they had to stick too or they could come up with any figures? I mean $14,000 is outrageous. I think i can get a 1100 evo with that amount. :mad:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah too much I think. Print off the internet price and work from there.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I think you spend half as much an get a used 1100. I have a buddy regretting the 796's suspension.
What he said. Over and over (and over) people come to this forum talking about the 796, owners of hypermotards like myself tell them to forget it and buy an 1100 as they will tire of the 796 low power and torque and want to upgrade their components... So the newbies go and buy the 796 anyway and then spend money, and then sell it at a loss and end up with the 1100.

The dealer is on some really good crack trying to sell a 796 for $14000 when you can get evo sp for less than that. For example... A guy on this forum is selling right now, a beautiful and almost new evo sp with a ton of extras including the 2-1 racing exhaust... And he is asking less than that.

Forget the dealer, buy an 1100.... Any 1100, preferably used so some other schmuck paid fore all the pretty extras, took the depreciation and hands you a perfect ready to rock bike.

Ok, now go out and buy a 796 and let us know how it went. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot for your help mate. I will look into the 796. Budget can't stretch to a 1100 just yet. But it will definitely have to be first hand. Lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts