Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My name is Brandon and I'm new to the site. I bought a new 2016 Monster 821 late last summer and have been loving it since! I moved to SC (Greenville area, Taylors to be exact) about 5 years ago in summer 2013 (from Detroit) and was kinda bummed when my motorcycle endorsement didn't transfer. I took a job working from home for ~3 years or so, so I never really had the opportunity to ride that much. I left that job and started a new one at Michelin so I figured it was time to get a bike again! Previously, I've had a couple ~99-2000 Ninja 500R's, a 2000 Triumph Daytona 955i, and a 2001 Hayabusa. I didn't want something crazy big or complicated so I figured the 821 was a great choice.

SC makes you hold a permit for at least 6 months before you can test for your license; that test was 2 weeks ago for me and was a lot more difficult than I thought (probably because the DMV course was extremely sloped). I was happy to pass on the first try.

I haven't done much to the bike yet... so far just heated grips, bar-end mirrors, and mounts for SW motech saddlebags. A Corbin seat should be on its way to me soon (special order part, blah). I'm still debating on exhaust since I love how the bike sounds already.

Anyway, happy to be here!

Attachments

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You've got great roads in your area and some great guys to ride with if you're looking for any. I moved from Mauldin a couple years ago and I still miss my buds BUT I do like having some new and different roads closer to our house.

There may be some room left for ECM IX in a couple weeks at Fonatana!

Do you work at NAHQ on the Parkway?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. You've got great roads in your area and some great guys to ride with if you're looking for any. I moved from Mauldin a couple years ago and I still miss my buds BUT I do like having some new and different roads closer to our house.

There may be some room left for ECM IX in a couple weeks at Fonatana!

Do you work at NAHQ on the Parkway?
Yeah definitely wouldn't mind meeting people to ride with! I've already taken two vacations in April and heading to Savannah this weekend, I don't think I can swing another trip in May haha.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah definitely wouldn't mind meeting people to ride with! I've already taken two vacations in April and heading to Savannah this weekend, I don't think I can swing another trip in May haha.

And yes, I work at the HQ. I swear I've seen your name before, were you on the 370z forums?

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
And yes, I work at the HQ. I swear I've seen your name before, were you on the 370z forums?

Yes I was, had a 370 for a short while. I use the same forum name on several different ones.

I still work for my employer right down Pelham road there about 1 mile past 85 in the other direction (towards HWY 14). I don't get back to the office too often, though. That office is responsible for a lot of traffic on Pelham...about 700-800 people there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was, had a 370 for a short while. I use the same forum name on several different ones.

I still work for my employer right down Pelham road there about 1 mile past 85 in the other direction (towards HWY 14). I don't get back to the office too often, though. That office is responsible for a lot of traffic on Pelham...about 700-800 people there.
Ah yes we've actually met before a few years ago! Might have been at the karting place. I had a gunmetal base 370z but sold it almost 2 years ago for an Audi S3.

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Quite possible! I recall the karting place (on Roper MTN right?), we do work events there on occasion.

I had a Sport model in gunmetal. I miss that car sometimes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts