Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Relatively new member here to the forum. Below is my 2012 M1100 Evo. Mods are:
  • Custom paint job - gloss metallic black, flat black and reflective red vinyl
  • Termignoni
  • DP Air Filter
  • DP ECU
  • Woodcraft one piece tank skin/cover
  • Rizoma handle bar, front brake resi, clutch resi, rear brake resi
  • Panigale 1199 brake & clutch levers (I swear they add 10hp each)
  • Kemimoto bar end mirrors (amazon.com)
  • Motodynamic integrated tail light/turn signal
  • Domino grips and throttle cable housing
  • G2 Ergo throttle tube
  • Ducabike front & rear axle nuts, flange cover, flange nuts and sprocket/flange nut
  • Rosso 3 tyres
  • EBC HH Sintered pads front & rear
  • Podium Racing titanium caliper bolts, kick stand bolts and rear seat cowl bolts

Next on the list is a 520 conversion with quick change carrier and Rapidbike Evo piggyback.

Looking forward to learning from and sharing any little I know with my fellow Ducati lovers.

Administrator
Hi and welcome to the site. I would have to guess you are one of the only members here from your country so cheers for representing. :)

Reactions: daiku

Premium Member
You can bring the pepperpot to the lunch meet ups.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and welcome to the site. I would have to guess you are one of the only members here from your country so cheers for representing. :)
Hi, thanks for the welcome. There is an old Guyanese joke that where ever you least expect a Guyanese to be you will see a few pop up lol.

Premium Member
Hahahaha sure it would be my pleasure. It's nice to see someone familiar with something Guyanese on the forum. Have you been to Guyana? Or know any Guyanese?
I have been to Guyana once but my first real girlfriend (many many years ago) was a beautiful young woman whose grandmother was from Guyana so I am somewhat familiar. It's always nice to have a member from a new place on here.

Reactions: Ryan_J78

Registered
Welcome, nice bike.
I had to look Guyana up, it looks like you do not have very many roads for a bike like that.
But then I'm just looking at Google maps.
I see you have a historic landmark called the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project.
Not sure why I thought Jonestown was in Africa.
Anyway, ride safe. (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been to Guyana once but my first real girlfriend (many many years ago) was a beautiful young woman whose grandmother was from Guyana so I am somewhat familiar. It's always nice to have a member from a new place on here.
Wow nice. Thanks I'm very excited to join the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome, nice bike.
I had to look Guyana up, it looks like you do not have very many roads for a bike like that.
But then I'm just looking at Google maps.
I see you have a historic landmark called the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project.
Not sure why I thought Jonestown was in Africa.
Anyway, ride safe. (y)
Yea Guyana gets mixed up too often for Ghana lol. Unfortunately we are also remembered/ known for being the country Jim Jones decided to bring himself and followers to and of course we know how that turned out.
With regards to the roads, yea so far not many roads that are suitable for these type of machines but we do have a few. All are paved roads but still pretty bumpy, hopefully that changes soon. Lots of road works and other developments are going on at the moment.

Registered
Jones is a bump in the road and a historic landmark now I guess.
Not far from me is the former church of Tony Alamo.
Fenced off and they took the sign down.
I suppose nobody wants to admit they were members of a church whose founder died in prison. :rolleyes:

I'd bet there are citizens of Guyana living here.
Pretty sure there are people from almost every country on Planet Earth here in the City of Angels. (y)

Premium Member
Yea Guyana gets mixed up too often for Ghana lol.
You should confuse people a bit more by explaining that there is also a French Guyana and Dutch Guyana which also has a whole different name (Suriname) but they鈥檙e each a different country and totally unrelated. That is always a good one.

Maybe also tell them that Devil鈥檚 Island is right next door so everyone who鈥檚 read Papillon has an idea what it鈥檚 like.

Reactions: Ryan_J78

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should confuse people a bit more by explaining that there is also a French Guyana and Dutch Guyana which also has a whole different name (Suriname) but they鈥檙e each a different country and totally unrelated. That is always a good one.

Maybe also tell them that Devil鈥檚 Island is right next door so everyone who鈥檚 read Papillon has an idea what it鈥檚 like.
Hahaha it's definitely a way of confusing someone. I'm hoping to post some pics from a few different places here when myself and some friends go riding. If you hadn't mentioned some of your back story I would not doubt for a moment that you might have been Guyanese or Caribbean lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts