Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2017 white Hypermotard about 2 weeks ago but had too much snow to ride until yesterday. Wouldn't you know it but today 1-2 inches of snow. I posted in the "what did you do to" thread with a pic yesterday. Lots of good info here that helped me decide to get this bike. I was looking at a Husqvarna 701 SM and Yamaha FZ-09 but the Ducati has always called to me. Again heated grips are key in the cold Spring/Winter temps we have been having.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! I've been telling myself the next bike I get will be a sumo. And I've always loved the Hypermotards. Other than the Ducati calling out to you, what else was the deciding factors?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! I've been telling myself the next bike I get will be a sumo. And I've always loved the Hypermotards. Other than the Ducati calling out to you, what else was the deciding factors?
I really like the motocross high position. I sat on a FZ-09 2 years ago and didn't like it but did not re-test this year. I was looking for a 2017 to get a deal and there weren't any Husqvarna SM left in the country that I could find. As much as I want to ride some mild offroad I probably won't so the Hyper being a street bike was a better choice. I was also looking at the new Street Triple R. That was definitely more sport bike oriented. They Hyper was the right choice right now.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tim.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like the motocross high position. I sat on a FZ-09 2 years ago and didn't like it but did not re-test this year. I was looking for a 2017 to get a deal and there weren't any Husqvarna SM left in the country that I could find. As much as I want to ride some mild offroad I probably won't so the Hyper being a street bike was a better choice. I was also looking at the new Street Triple R. That was definitely more sport bike oriented. They Hyper was the right choice right now.
I get you, sounded like the right choice! I def like the look of the Hyper as opposed to all those others. Thinking of taking her to any SM track days?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts