Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been assigned to try to get a very nice looking 1975 Ducati 860 GT running. The bike is cosmetically gorgeous with fresh paint on the tank and side covers. Frame has also been painted.

It belongs to a friend that can no longer ride. We are helping him to reduce the number of motorcycles he has collected over many years.

The Ducati has been sitting for a long time. I'm the first one in a long time to try to get an idea of what it needs to be a runner.

I'm a retired aircraft mechanic/avionics tech. Spent the last 12 years working on medical equipment. I'm a member of the Evergreen Chapter of the AMCA here in WA State. My main focus is Triumphs, I have a 74 T100R Daytona, 77 T140V Bonneville, 2001 Bonneville (bought new in MN) and a 2001 Sprint ST.

The Ducati is very different to say the least. I'm going to post in the tech forum and see if anyone can get me going in the right direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Once you get over the shock of working on something other than a Triumph you’ll find Ducatis of that era have many similarities with British bikes of the same era. The level of technology is fairly equivalent. The two brands both are prone to electrical gremlins and crudded up fuel systems, and general old age. With your background it shouldn’t make you start drinking again, but if you do drink, you might start drinking a little more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts