Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am new on this forum and new in the ducati family :D

I am riding a 1198S for a few months now and I am wondering how many miles you can do with a full tank (before reserve)?

Because with mine, 60 miles at most before the reserve ligth appears and it sounds quite small to me.
I have the termi racing exhaust silencers + ecu + gearbox sprocket
What about yours ?

Thank you

·
Registered
618 Posts
Wow, 60 before the light sounds really low. I'm not familiar with the gearbox sprocket though. I'm assuming it still does affect the speedo?

I usually get into the 80's before i see the light on the 1098. Seems to me the fuel light comes on with about 1.2 gallons remaining.

You can see my mileage data here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you lol
The sprocket does not affect the speedo as the speed is taken from the wheels and not from the sprocket like some japanese bikes.
However the sprocket gives you a more agressive accel so I suppose the mileage could be affected. And compared to a 1098 there is still a 100cm3 more.

I have seen your mileage datas, wow i wish I could do 80miles with 2.8 gallons lol

My 1198 is more like 60 miles with 2.98 gallons ouch

anyone else ?

·
Registered
638 Posts
134 miles on my 2009 848...No Fuel Light...

I guess one of the wires on the sensor was not soldered correctly and came off...

warranty fix at the dealer...

So I don't know when the light comes on for me, but I do know when I run
out of gas on the freeway...134 miles...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Your 17" wheel is making you slower and killing your fuel mileage. You need to throw on one of those 16" wheels like the D16RR has, it will help.

·
Registered
276 Posts
80 miles before the light comes on. Nothing's changed since the 600 mile service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
75-85 miles on twistiest on high RPM, I have 2009 1198 base model
So I must have a problem with my bike, all of you are running around 80 miles before the light comes on, and I am running at 60 miles to 70 miles max.

Any idea where it could come from?

Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts