Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody think there will be a liquid cooled Monster again (848/1198 engine..), or is the Streetfighter the answer now?

I love the Streetfighter technology, sitting position and power specs, but I think it looks like a Japanese anamie film artist puked all over it. The Monsters are so much nicer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hear a while ago that Ducati was going to keep the monsters air cooled only, and that their water cooled super bike technology was going into the street fighter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the 07-08 testa monsters was basically a market experiment.. were ppl interested in more powerful monsters or not?

the Answer was Hell Yea

So They have seperated them now

the Streetfighter IS the new S4R -T
and the streetfighter S IS the new S4RS

·
Registered
195 Posts
Unless they dump the Streetfighter, there will no longer be water-cooled monsters (unless emissions require that degree of control over engine temperatures).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, that's the word from Ducati, the Streetfighter replaces the S4RS with no further superbike-engined Monsters to enter the lineup. Kinda sad, but it does make my '08 S4RS Tricolore that much more valuable (to me). The four-valve Monsters are indeed badass, look cool, and are the ultimate expression of this fine naked beast. Love it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, that's the word from Ducati, the Streetfighter replaces the S4RS with no further superbike-engined Monsters to enter the lineup. Kinda sad, but it does make my '08 S4RS Tricolore that much more valuable (to me). The four-valve Monsters are indeed badass, look cool, and are the ultimate expression of this fine naked beast. Love it!
Amen,
fellow addict

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yes, thanks to Ducati for making the S4RS a collectible and increasing its resale value. IMO, if you are desperate and have to sell your S4RS, you shouldn't accept less than $11K. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Prices

it's a heartache to me hearing the prices of bikes that you mention. i live in malaysia and the s4rs here is a whopping RM100k and the SF is RM130k for the base model :eek::crazy:

consider you guys lucky. that's why you fellas change bikes like underpants :D:D:yeah:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Strange how the Monster will only have less than 100BHP but the Multistrada gets 150BHP.
Seems stupid to me. How about letting the people decide, all Ducati have done is said this is what you must have if you want a 155BHP naked bike. Not everyone likes the look and I definitely didn't like the riding position, which is why I bought a Monster. No disrespect to S4RS owners but I so liked the extra power, but couldn't get my head around parting with so much cash for a bike that looked so dated. However I have since learnt the error of my way having trawled the picture forum and seen what can be done to a S4RS (Especially the Black) Ohhh I wish I had bought one of those......

·
Registered
871 Posts
Strange how the Monster will only have less than 100BHP but the Multistrada gets 150BHP.
Seems stupid to me. How about letting the people decide, all Ducati have done is said this is what you must have if you want a 155BHP naked bike. Not everyone likes the look and I definitely didn't like the riding position, which is why I bought a Monster. No disrespect to S4RS owners but I so liked the extra power, but couldn't get my head around parting with so much cash for a bike that looked so dated. However I have since learnt the error of my way having trawled the picture forum and seen what can be done to a S4RS (Especially the Black) Ohhh I wish I had bought one of those......
I'm not offended that you think the S4RS looks dated, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For just the opposite reason I didn't purchase a new Monster. IMO, the new monsters do not look aggressive, don't have enough HP and lost the classic Ducati look. It's all subjective.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not offended that you think the S4RS looks dated, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For just the opposite reason I didn't purchase a new Monster. IMO, the new monsters do not look aggressive, don't have enough HP and lost the classic Ducati look. It's all subjective.
many ppl think the new monster and the street fighter.. look too "japanese" now..

like u said.. lost the classic look..

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I will always prefer the simplicity of the 2V Monsters. I LOVE my '01 M900Sie but would love to have an S2R1000.

Just like my preference for the Tamburini-era Superbikes, I prefer the timeless lines and classic look of the Miguel Galluzzi-penned Monsters...

So for now, I have all the Ducatis I want (except maybe for that black '06 999S)... :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
nothing like the old school monsters :yeah: but i must say i really love the single sided swingarms tho. i can see a lot of similarities between the new generation monsters (s2r onwards to the 696/1100) copying the brutale. can't say i like the 696/1100, the headlights look like someone bashed them in. SF however, made me skip a heartbeat, looking at the ones with after market parts, especially the motowheel one...phew !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts