Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Temporary greeter
23,068 Posts
On all the KTM forums everyone bitches because their tanks don't expand. I've even read of people putting pure ethanol in their tanks and pressurizing them with air to try and expand them. KTMs make so much power we need more fuel capacity.

True story! :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
My fuel tank on the KTM hasn't expanded but the fuel cap did. I had to grind the bottom plastic flange down to make it easy to get off. Not one sign of the tank expanding even with our crappy ethanol fuel here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the specs. However, it's very dirt-bikey. Which is contrary to the idea of naked bikes- urban, industrial, aggressive but with a sensible taste about metropolis culture.

Think what the most interesting man would ride in his 30s living in Buenos Aires, Barcelona, London, or NYC. That turns women's heads... Futuristic, performance, and classy in one package.

Between a Superduke and a SF- it's the Streetfighter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
O wow, very reasonable price!

.....looking forward to the Tuono v4r vs s1000r naked vs Super Duke R vs Brutale vs Speed Triple R vs Monster 1200 tests in the spring......

Its a great time for naked riders!

~Ryan

·
Registered
329 Posts

.....looking forward to the Tuono v4r vs s1000r naked vs Super Duke R vs Brutale vs Speed Triple R vs Monster 1200 tests in the spring......

~Ryan
Me to it'll be interesting to see how it measures up against older and brand new stuff?

I love the look.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I spoke with KTM reps at the Cycle Show and they swear the plastic tank on the 1290 is different material than the tanks on the Duke 990's that experienced ethanol swelling, so good news there if true. Looks great and as noted the price seems fair.

The Monster 1200 is one half a good-looking bike. From the right it's Diavel-like but nice, but from the left, what happened? I don't think I've ever seen an uglier half of a Ducati, ever. Still, the beauty in the 1200S will be in the performance, which promises to be good. I'd say that overall the 1290 Duke looks nicer and the finish better reflects it's asking price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just released. The MSRP for the Superduke 1290r is $16,999.

Just thought you snobby Ducati owners would like to know :p
I saw that too (on CycleTrader) and went to visit with the owner of my local dealership. He stated that number is pure speculation, no specifics have been released. (The US$17K may be extrapolated from Euro pricing, not very meaningful.) Dealer's and staff have been invited to the intro at Temecula, CA, first weekend of February, when they'll see (and ride) the U.S. 'standard' and 'R', and will receive all the juicy specifics.

·
Temporary greeter
23,068 Posts
I saw that too (on CycleTrader) and went to visit with the owner of my local dealership. He stated that number is pure speculation, no specifics have been released. (The US$17K may be extrapolated from Euro pricing, not very meaningful.) Dealer's and staff have been invited to the intro at Temecula, CA, first weekend of February, when they'll see (and ride) the U.S. 'standard' and 'R', and will receive all the juicy specifics.
Well, either your dealer is not up to speed or my dealer is lying.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1387123739.291702.jpg

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,172 Posts
Ducati sounds better!:D
It sounds better here...

But you're right. It doesn't sound as good as a traditional air cooled 2V Duck. Neither does my 990 with Leo Vince exhaust. But I do think they sound better than the 11 degree motors in the new Multi and Hyper.

·
Registered
53 Posts

~Ryan
I agree. I really like the edgy looks of this KTM. The build great bikes. I can't wait to read about all the comparisons. The Tuono V4 is supposedly one badass bike and fun to ride. I'm coming from the previous gen Tuono to my Diavel. If it wasn't for lack of Aprilia dealers and service here in Chicago, (plus a great deal on my Diavel with full Termi system) I might have bought one.

81 - 100 of 159 Posts