Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not me but some friends of mine. If you guys hear of any one selling Bayliss or Hayden edition parts please let me know.

Some where between 11PM Monday night and 7:30 Tuesday night My son and I had a 2009 Ducati Bayliss edition (21) and a 2010 Ducati Hayden editon (69) stolen from the NJMP garage. The investigation is in progress but hampered by the lack of security at the track. Today they have no cameras in service anywhere in the park. Since we know the window the bikes most likely went out the gate we could have limited the vehicles to be investigated. None of the garages get locked or secured.

I talked to the General Manager of the park and he was concerned with the theft and assured us the park would have security cameras in place before the end of the season. It is to late to help us but may help serve as a deterent to future thefts.

If anyone has any information please let me know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I heard about this. Very sketchy. I thought NJMP had the gates on lockdown after hours. I've left my bike in those paddocks before, never though there would be an issue.

·
Registered
545 Posts
No offense, but you left an 09 Bayliss and 10 Hayden 848 in an unlocked garage? :eek: At a racetrack?!

Hope they catch the scum, but man, that's takin some risk there.

·
Registered
525 Posts
No offense, but you left an 09 Bayliss and 10 Hayden 848 in an unlocked garage? :eek: At a racetrack?!
I'll bet the thieves thought the same thing!

Couple of $30 Cable locks would have gone a long way there.

Good luck.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
A bunch of us went down of Friday and parked our bikes in the "Sportbike" parking area. We were wondering if we should leave our helmets w/ our bikes or not-maybe they'd be stolen. Track personnel told us that nothing would get stolen here.....they were pretty watchful over the bikes in that area all day! I can't believe somebody waltzed out of there w/ TWO motorcycles!
Hey, where's there is opportunity there's a crook..to be sure! There must be more to this....can it be that simple?
Keep an eye out on Ebay, Ebay UK and CraigsList for parts....

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Good God, I rent those garages every time I go to Thunderbolt. Never thought that this would happen. Did you stay in the VIP suites above the garages?? I always thought that place was locked down at night with security at the main gate since all the other gates are always locked. I know this since I go there all the time and have stayed in the VIP suites above the garages. When I return late at night from dinner there is always a guard at the main gate to greet me. All I can say is I feel your pain $60K worth of bikes gone in one shot :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts