Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pulled the trigger today. She's fast and red hot. I'm very happy with looks, handling, performance, etc. Time to put on some miles for break-in, so I can take it above 6k.

I've already taken off the passenger footpeg, most of the silly stickers and will be removing the charcoal cannister so she'll be a little more naked. Doubt that she will get cold.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats! Got the same color and loving it! Tomorrow, it'll get a bath...bikini bike wash at a local dealer!!:yeah:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats

Great pick up. I hope Arun and the guys took are of you at MotoCorsa. I also live in WL and ride a black S. Hope to see you around.:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
looks great. wish i could of gotten that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
New Girlfriend

I thought she was my Girlfriend but now the truth comes out!!:mad:
It appears that she's going out with all of you lot !:confused:
I can't dump her though,what Red-Blooded Male could???:crazy:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I thought she was my Girlfriend but now the truth comes out!!:mad:
It appears that she's going out with all of you lot !:confused:
I can't dump her though,what Red-Blooded Male could???:crazy:

LOL:p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good pick, enjoy.

You should also search through all the break-in threads. At least half will enable you to redline ;), which is what I did.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I've put in around 350 miles so far and definitely noticing the surging problem from 2-4K. Full Termi system goes on Friday. We'll see if that improves it, not holding my breath from what I read around here. Other than that, the bike is fantastic.

Here's from my trip around Mt. Hood.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Congrats on the bike and thanks for the photo.... beautiful scenery!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Full Termis installed. Bike runs a lot better, much smoother through the 2-4K range, but not perfect. Still a little stumbling, but at least ridable in that range. I'd say 90% there. Pipes looks and sound good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Full Termis installed. Bike runs a lot better, much smoother through the 2-4K range, but not perfect. Still a little stumbling, but at least ridable in that range. I'd say 90% there. Pipes looks and sound good.
14 tooth front sprocket to definitely solve the problem maybe?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did the full termi + 14T front sprocket upgrade, and I must say that the surging and problems on the street have been completely solved.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't mean to offend anyone, but I would prefer to have the engine run correctly by using something like tuneboy or power commander than to mask the problem with 14t gear. Don't really need the acceleration off the start, just smoother throttle response.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Don't mean to offend anyone, but I would prefer to have the engine run correctly by using something like tuneboy or power commander than to mask the problem with 14t gear. Don't really need the acceleration off the start, just smoother throttle response.
With the stock gearing, you'll be using 1st gear at legal speeds in the urban environment...;)

·
Registered
395 Posts

The audacity of wanting a perfectly running bike..........

:yeah:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts