Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a long time lurker, first time poster. I've been a member of this forum for several years, and I actually hadn't realised that I still hadn't got around to starting an intro post until today. I've been abusing this forum as a font of knowledge for ages, so thank you to everyone that contributes to this brilliant resource. I live in Cold Lake, Alberta, a 3 hour drive to the nearest Ducati Dealer, which gives me the excuse to do as much as I can myself; so the wealth of knowledge available through this site has been a godsend.

I'm a Brit that's lived in Canada (Alberta specifically) for just shy of a decade, which has been great but I can't claim to have acclimatised to the comparatively very short riding season and the absence of corners compared to back in the UK. Where I live is on the "wrong side" of Alberta, in that if you love lakes, you're in luck, but there's no twisty roads. However 6 hours away is the Rockies, which are glorious - once you get there.

For bikes I have a 99 North American Spec 996S. It has a UM222 EPROM, 45/50mm Termignonis, and FG43 front forks. There's some head mods in it's future. I feel a bit guilty droning around the straight prairie roads on that for most of the summer, so I'm in the process of rebuilding an 05 S4R from a bare frame. That's pretty much at its inception, so not much on the specs yet.

Thanks again for the great support that this site has already given me, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute in some small way for someone else's benefit in the future.

·
Administrator
13,019 Posts
Hi and welcome. Glad to see you are finally posting.... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts