Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am a bike enthusiast and have owned all brands and styles, from dirtbikes to Harleys, and don't discriminate. I just purchased a 2005 Ducati 999 with around 5000 miles. It came with some extras, like a full Zard exhaust, Acculign rearsets, front and rear stands, and the full biposto kit. It was a bit of a gamble as there was limited information from the previous owner, who was second to own it. The bike is in decent condition, but needs love and attention to make her shine, including a full service and some attention to a few things, namely a broken left upper fairing, the original monoposto subframe is cracked in the usual area, a popped out brake light lens, and a broken right mirror stay.

I am doing all the fluids, belts, battery, and tires first, along with a full detail. I am also in the hunt for replacement parts for the fairing mirror stay, and will see if I can get the subframe welded, as I have read that this is common, and therefore i might as well just fix the one that came with the bike. I will also look into repairing the small crack in the upper left fairing and see where that gets me. From talking to a couple of shops in the area, I am told that they have issues matching color because bike manufacturers do not make their color formulas available. That was a new one for me.

I will post more pictures when I have some time.

Suggestions on my issues are welcome. I look forward to getting this thing sorted and getting it on the road.

·
Administrator
12,902 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms. We are super happy to have you here. :) You sure came to the right place for the info, opinions and of course good chat :D

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts