Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new Bridgestones are out! they are called Battlax BT-003 (RS) Racing Street.
The new tires are the replacement for their beloved BT-002 which will no longer be produced, and are supposed to be superior in every way, the tires are a dual compound for front & rear with a "Ultraction compound" on the sides of both tires. The tires are designed for aggressive street riding & Track-days.

I just had a pair of these installed, after going thru 2 sets of the BT-016's which are great tires, but since I'm doing more & more Track-days, I needed something more. I will post my impressions after some Canyon runs & a Track day.

As a side note, these tires are in direct competition against the new Michelin Power Ones, their new Street Track tire line, but at double the cost!! :eek:

I got mine from Parts 411, I paid $107.00 for the front & $138.00 for the rear, or about $5.00 more per tire than what I paid for the BT-016's.
Their number is 909 599-4860, ask for Paul, tell him your a friend of Hypermotard Alex, :D

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
They make both the 003 and the Micheline Power Ones in a track only tire that are supposed to be the real thing grip wise... but they state you should use with tire warmers... Those are the ones that Polen recommended.... But since none of us are that serious yet the new 003 are supposed to a bump up in performance and not melt on the sides as easy....But they also are a taller tire so it may effect your turning. Can't wait to get my pair.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Waiting for my shipment from Paul!!! Can't wait to try these out on the Streets of Willow on Aug 9th. Uh Ohhhh, did I let the cat out of the bag??!!

Thanks Alex for hooking me up.

:abduct:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
you guys are being just plain silly. ... add 3 HP and 1.8ft/lbs of torque, cut 3 secs a lap ? ... :think:

i took a dump and lost 12.7 lbs of weight ... that's good for at least 4 hp, 3 ft/lbs of torque and 6 secs a lap :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
hmm RS model eh
i had the standard BT-002 and BT-003 recently and must say they are pretty good
just careful in the wet though...

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am really interested how these work. I am always looking for something more triangulated that turns in faster. The Corsa3's were too slow, PP2CT's are a bit better but I am still searching for something other than a pure race tire that has the turnin that I like.

·
Registered
862 Posts
you guys are being just plain silly. ... add 3 HP and 1.8ft/lbs of torque, cut 3 secs a lap ? ... :think:

i took a dump and lost 12.7 lbs of weight ... that's good for at least 4 hp, 3 ft/lbs of torque and 6 secs a lap :rolleyes:
John that is the second time that I saw you mentioned a specific 12.7 lbs dump. One that is quite impressive; congratulations. Two it is disturbing that you are scaling your toilet trouts. Remind me to never borrow any scales from you.:D

On a tire note Alex what do you expect mileage wise out of a rear? I am looking for a good set of streets that need to get at least 1,500 street miles out of them. I am thinking about the Diablo Rossos but I am open minded.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John that is the second time that I saw you mentioned a specific 12.7 lbs dump. One that is quite impressive; congratulations. Two it is disturbing that you are scaling your toilet trouts. Remind me to never borrow any scales from you.:D

On a tire note Alex what do you expect mileage wise out of a rear? I am looking for a good set of streets that need to get at least 1,500 street miles out of them. I am thinking about the Diablo Rossos but I am open minded.
1500mi should be doable, as long as you DO NOT do any Track-days, if I do just 2 Track-Days my tires will be toast. The most mileage I have ever gotten is 2200mi with the Pirelli Sync's, and 1800mi's with the other "stickier" brands, the Bridgestone rep said to expect similar mileage as the BT-016's Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I've got a buddy who rides both the Rossos and the 016s on the track and street. He likes both of them and got a lot of miles out of the 016s, but half way into the Rossos he likes them better.

Out!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I wish you guys would stop talking about taking a dump

·
Registered
274 Posts
i thought the pirellis sucked, i only got 2200mi on them and i was showing cord. the bridgestone bt016 is a good tire. although on my gsxr 750 i only have 1700mi on them and they are starting to get low on tread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
2k on the 16's and the front is shagged, down to the wear bars on the sides of the tread pattern.
The rear looks like it could go another 500 miles.
If the 3rs is supposed to get similiar mileage I'll geta set just to compare.
I'd buy another set of the 16's though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The new Bridgestones are out! they are called Battlax BT-003 (RS) Racing Street.
The new tires are the replacement for their beloved BT-002 which will no longer be produced, and are supposed to be superior in every way, the tires are a dual compound for front & rear with a "Ultraction compound" on the sides of both tires. The tires are designed for aggressive street riding & Track-days.

I just had a pair of these installed, after going thru 2 sets of the BT-016's which are great tires, but since I'm doing more & more Track-days, I needed something more. I will post my impressions after some Canyon runs & a Track day.

As a side note, these tires are in direct competition against the new Michelin Power Ones, their new Street Track tire line, but at double the cost!! :eek:

I got mine from Parts 411, I paid $107.00 for the front & $138.00 for the rear, or about $5.00 more per tire than what I paid for the BT-016's.
Their number is 909 599-4860, ask for Paul, tell him your a friend of Hypermotard Alex, :D
Hola Alex!

So can you tell us more about these tires? I will need to replace mine pretty soon and wanted to try something different from the Corsa III.

How do you like them so far?

Thanks,

Francesco

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hola Alex!

So can you tell us more about these tires? I will need to replace mine pretty soon and wanted to try something different from the Corsa III.

How do you like them so far?

Thanks,

Francesco
Aloha Francesco, so far so good, I had them on at the track day that you were at, they worked well, but they are sensitive to air pressure, the tire guy at the track said to start with 28psi cold to start, but I found out that it was way too low, as I overheated the tires,and they got "greasy" I started to increase the tire pressure by 1psi after each session, and they kept getting better & better, I had the equivalent to 31psi cold when I hit something on the track & had my blowout, but before that it was working good, I have since replaced the rear tire with another BTOO3, and have been very happy with it, especially in the Canyons. Hope this helps, Alex

·
Registered
294 Posts
Aloha Francesco, so far so good, I had them on at the track day that you were at, they worked well, but they are sensitive to air pressure, the tire guy at the track said to start with 28psi cold to start, but I found out that it was way too low, as I overheated the tires,and they got "greasy" I started to increase the tire pressure by 1psi after each session, and they kept getting better & better, I had the equivalent to 31psi cold when I hit something on the track & had my blowout, but before that it was working good, I have since replaced the rear tire with another BTOO3, and have been very happy with it, especially in the Canyons. Hope this helps, Alex
Hi Alex,

thanks for the extra info. So what pressure do you use when riding on the street?

Francesco

·
Registered
545 Posts
RRW did a review of these tires an issue or two ago and it wasn't exactly glowing. They complained about rear grip at a quick pace.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Was RRW (john ulrich) giving his opinion on the 003 race and street tires or the race only when he criticized the rears track performance? I missed that test.

FWIW, the race and street front tire is magic on the mountain roads near Deals Gap where I live. As always, IMHO and YMMV.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts