Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. Just picked up a Hyper and will be flying into Colorado and riding it home (Arizona) later this month.

I did some searches in this forum, but some came back empty.
I need advise on a long range comfort seat.
Also need ideas/suggestions for mounting a GPS
Also need ideas/suggestions for hard wiring a cell phone/radar, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah. Any other simple mods I can do when I pick up the bike to make a 1200 mile trip more pleasant would be welcomed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I second the Sargent seat, very comfortable. The windscreen is helpful, but the best thing you could do is take some of the beautiful country roads from CO to AZ and avoid the highways. The bike likes to be leaned over and is not that much fun above 75 mph. If you do stick to country roads remember that you'll only have about a 125 mile range tops, so maybe throw in an msr fuel bottle into your pack for emergencies. I don't have any mounting suggestions for the GPS.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I second the Sargent seat, very comfortable. The windscreen is helpful, but the best thing you could do is take some of the beautiful country roads from CO to AZ and avoid the highways. The bike likes to be leaned over and is not that much fun above 75 mph. If you do stick to country roads remember that you'll only have about a 125 mile range tops, so maybe throw in an msr fuel bottle into your pack for emergencies. I don't have any mounting suggestions for the GPS.
gps mounts on e bay remember to buy a cable and splice in to battery tender
lead.
i use a simple ball mount that clamps to handlebar, i us my gps to find fuel when i am out riding.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
gps mounts on e bay remember to buy a cable and splice in to battery tender
lead.
i use a simple ball mount that clamps to handlebar, i us my gps to find fuel when i am out riding.
might want to go 14t front sprocket mades the bike more enjoyable a lower speeds.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This works well for charging. I drilled and tapped two holes in the handlebar clamp to mount but for the ride home just put it in a tankbag or use double sided tape. I have the Nelson Rigg tank back it works great on the Hyper. I also use a Motocentric tail bag.

BurnsMoto - Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, RV - USB Weatherproof Power Socket - USB Charger with optional SAE to USB

CL-1020 Sport Tank/Tail Bag (Replaced CL-130)

MotoCentric Mototrek Sport Tail Bag - Motorcycle Tail Bags

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/85305-hypermotard-gps-mount.html

Take the back roads and enjoy!
Michael

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses.

I ordered the BurnsMoto power adapter.

I really like the Axio bag, but they seem out of stock. Anyone know of a place that carries/has them available?

I'm flying in to pick up the bike on the 20th, and have to hit the road right away, so I need a simple/sure solution for the GPS mount, because I won't have time to do a custom mod.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
might want to go 14t front sprocket mades the bike more enjoyable a lower speeds.

Cool! I'll have to do that once I get back and have more time and tools.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would pick up a blinc Bluetooth helmet set and a pandora account!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Yes, I have Schuberth C3 World I'm aching to use!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts