Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Put a set of wasp velocity stacks, Power Commander V, a lightened flywheel, a visi tech exhaust servo eliminator, LV cat bypass, free'r flowing exhaust or slip on mufflers, steering damper, and rear end height adjuster link and you'll really be in love with it. I know I did all of these and then some and it is the funnest bike I've ridden to date, hard to ride it "legal" though. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Put a set of wasp velocity stacks, Power Commander V, a lightened flywheel, a visi tech exhaust servo eliminator, LV cat bypass, free'r flowing exhaust or slip on mufflers, steering damper, and rear end height adjuster link and you'll really be in love with it. I know I did all of these and then some and it is the funnest bike I've ridden to date, hard to ride it "legal" though. :)
Looks like he's already got the full Termi system breh! but the rest of the stuff sounds like a goooooooooooo!

Looks brand new aa996! Ride safe!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll concentrate on suspension and handling first. The thing definitely needs a steering damper, and I'll throw Ohlins internals in the front. Ride height adjustment is an excellent idea. I think I'll leave the engine alone for a while, I may get into too much trouble with it as is!! :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep welcome. I've been on a hyper for a few months and love the bike

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry for being a newbie, but what's a "rear end height adjuster link" and who makes them?

Thx

·
Registered
470 Posts
I agree! these bikes(and air cooled monsters) are perfect for a true motorcycle enthusiast! Its just the bare essentials w a frame, motor and wheels. Only the parts to make it look cool and operate it are there.

They need some tuning to clean up the fueling the factory stuck us with to pass emissions stuff or whatever...Then, Once uve put a couple hundred miles on it and are comfy ull probably pick up the pace and notice the suspension could be improved upon. Ive kindof overlooked that as the motor is fun now that i 'fixed' the lean surge and freed up some midrange w filters,ecu and exhaust mods. It always has a good squirt of torque above ~3000 rpm to accelerate out of corners and stuff.

Now i need to figure out what to do with the suspension like others have mentioned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too am new to the Hyper and this forum. I bought a brand new 2008 1100s about 3 months ago and am just loving it. I have found this bike a perfect fit for an old dirt rider from the 70s. Over the years I have been thru multiple MXrs, Enduros, Drag bikes, Sport bikes and Sport tourings, But this one is a keeper. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Sorry for being a newbie, but what's a "rear end height adjuster link" and who makes them?

Thx
Adjustable ride height rod found stock on the 1100s but not on the 1100. Not sure about Evo and Evo sp models. Can also be bought from motowheels.com Corse Dynamics or fast by ferracci. Unknown to me if anybody makes it locally in the uk.

·
Registered
356 Posts

Thx
It's a great feature on Ducs. It allows you to separate race sag from ride height adjustments. If you look to the side of your rear shock you will see a link with rod ends on it. On the S and SP models it has threaded rod ends that let you change it's length. That changes the ride height which in turn changes rake\trail independent of sag.

Andrew Trevitt, editor at Sport Rider, wrote a great book on setting up sport bikes and it's under $20 at Amazon.
Amazon.com: Sportbike Suspension Tuning (9781893618459): Andrew Trevitt: Books
Michael

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my new 2012 Hyper EVO SP three weeks ago. I pretty much did what poakone said. Termi 2-1, Waspworx PUC, Power Commander V, EVR slipper. Just put the Waspworx and Power Commander in on Saturday. What a beast, I will probably never need a new front tire. Too much fun.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome Honeybadger, congratulations!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's a great feature on Ducs. It allows you to separate race sag from ride height adjustments. If you look to the side of your rear shock you will see a link with rod ends on it. On the S and SP models it has threaded rod ends that let you change it's length. That changes the ride height which in turn changes rake\trail independent of sag.

Andrew Trevitt, editor at Sport Rider, wrote a great book on setting up sport bikes and it's under $20 at Amazon.
Amazon.com: Sportbike Suspension Tuning (9781893618459): Andrew Trevitt: Books
Michael
Thx michael! Im going to look for that book at barnes nobles tomorrow!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Me Too

Just got a 2012 1100 EVO SP about a month ago. WASP PUK, Termi 2-1, EVR slipper, Scotts dampener. I can't stop smiling. Very difficult to ride legal though. I do wheelies at almost every light, can't help myself, it's just trght there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts