Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a standard 1100 Hyper today. I am coming from a Monster. The Hyper was a demo and I plan on using the extra money I saved to do some mods. I hope to learn a thing or two on here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
346 Posts
D00D! Welcome to Hyperland. I seem to remember you from back in the 90's
in my hi-power rocketry days... what a trip (and a money pit) that was! I still
have visions of a pair of K550s strapped under the tail of a Hypertard. :eek:
Looking at your list of bikes, seems like you've been having too much fun
as usual... keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
get the fever!

Welcome! After many British and Japanese bikes, of which I still have a few, I became attracted to and purchased a Ducati Hypermotard. I will boldly state that this bike is the most fun motorcycle I have ever owned! Good luck with the bike, and this group is pretty informative and helpful too. Cheers, Martyn

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rockets!!!

Yes, indeed! That would be me!

Ahh, I miss those days. Never got any larger than Jurassic Kik. (I guess a 300 pound, 19" foot high rocket was my last non to the sport an an O-10,000. Can still find the "Extreme Rockerty" Magazine article online.) Gawd, what a blast, literally that period of time was!

Yeah, I have a great collection of bikes right now. My Monster was too similar to my Triumph Thruxton. The Hyper is it's own dealio for sure. I would up with a pretty deep discount on a demo. Red with gold wheels. I'm swapping black paint on Friday. So, red frame, black paint and gold wheels. Hope it doesn't wind up looking too bizarre!

D00D! Welcome to Hyperland. I seem to remember you from back in the 90's
in my hi-power rocketry days... what a trip (and a money pit) that was! I still
have visions of a pair of K550s strapped under the tail of a Hypertard. :eek:
Looking at your list of bikes, seems like you've been having too much fun
as usual... keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, what would your advice as far as mods right off the bat be?

I ordered a rear end tidy up kit last night.

Welcome! After many British and Japanese bikes, of which I still have a few, I became attracted to and purchased a Ducati Hypermotard. I will boldly state that this bike is the most fun motorcycle I have ever owned! Good luck with the bike, and this group is pretty informative and helpful too. Cheers, Martyn

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I would do the front fork cartridges (Racetech, Ohlins, or GP), then revalve the rear shock for around $1500-2000.

Then do Sick 50's stock exhaust mod for the sound. If you have the cash, then do the full Zard sytem, with DP ECU and PCIII and dyno Tune, which is another $2000. You get great sound, nice power, and low mpg.

Everything else is just bling and can be added whenever you get the urge.

Out!

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
Hmmm....new adjustable pegs from shift-tech.com. I can now stick my foot in there and shift (factory adjustment was not enough). I also like my windshield. It shades the instruments and deflects the wind upwards, away from the chest (now I can work on my neck muscles for those karting outings with my son).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What wind shied are you running. This is tops on my list for the same reasons, plus a place to stick a t-shirt or your gloves whilst you fill up.

Hmmm....new adjustable pegs from shift-tech.com. I can now stick my foot in there and shift (factory adjustment was not enough). I also like my windshield. It shades the instruments and deflects the wind upwards, away from the chest (now I can work on my neck muscles for those karting outings with my son).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would do the front fork cartridges (Racetech, Ohlins, or GP), then revalve the rear shock for around $1500-2000.

Then do Sick 50's stock exhaust mod for the sound. If you have the cash, then do the full Zard sytem, with DP ECU and PCIII and dyno Tune, which is another $2000. You get great sound, nice power, and low mpg.

Everything else is just bling and can be added whenever you get the urge.

Out!
I would suggest you spend a little time riding the bike. Then you'll know what you want to change first. The fork and shock mods are $$$ and maybe you don't need them for the riding you do.
I wanted more grunt so did something similar to Axe's suggestions above for my first mods. Maybe now that the bike really runs (hoo boy does it run now) I'll do some suspension mods.
BTW I have a professionally cored stock exhaust I'm selling if you're looking for something that sounds better than the stockers.

Goin' fer 25

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, duly noted for sure. I am doing the Zard exhaust. I know I want exhaust mods. I KNOW without a doubt that the mirrors have to go. I clipped a guy today on the bike splitting lanes. It was a Mercedes too! Yikes! Good thing the mirrors collapse easily and did no damage.

I will do a few obvious things I think and probably just enjoy for a bit until I understand what I need to add or subtract.

I would suggest you spend a little time riding the bike. Then you'll know what you want to change first. The fork and shock mods are $$$ and maybe you don't need them for the riding you do.
I wanted more grunt so did something similar to Axe's suggestions above for my first mods. Maybe now that the bike really runs (hoo boy does it run now) I'll do some suspension mods.
BTW I have a professionally cored stock exhaust I'm selling if you're looking for something that sounds better than the stockers.

Goin' fer 25

1 - 15 of 15 Posts