Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Mark (DucShop) did the tuning of the Microtec ECU. Even though it gets used (including a trackday or two at Road America) it hasn't been raced or seen excessive revs. There is no reason to believe that it needs a teardown and rebuild soon. Remember, this is essentially the later 999S motor, except with titanium rods. And while Ti rods can stretch, they are also lighter. It runs strong now, so until I hear different from a Mark Sutton or Chris Boy or someone reputable, or hear a knock, I'll keep going.
 

·
Mayor of Simpleton
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
I just love that wheel design, even though it's not period correct. Have considered gold ones many times for my SPS..
I feel the same. I actually have these forged wheels listed on eBay and have a set of the charcoal "more stock" 5 spoke magnesium to go on.
 

·
Mayor of Simpleton
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
I've done a bid of extra preparation this Spring. TJ Schultze did the valves and belts and I've done the rest of the servicing.

Jason (Artistimo) expertly rehabbed the carbon fiber pieces--bellypan, airbox, exhaust guard, and V-piece. Individual pics posted but I haven't taken a full-bike shot yet.

The Ilmberger intake runners were too much work to bring up to the standard I wanted so I had to find another set. But because of the shower injectors, the problem was finding ones with the internal filter mounts like the DP and Ilmbergers. I did find a quality set that had the filter mounts and wasn't terribly faded, though it will get the Artistimo treatment too, so they look as nice as the rest and are UV protected. There were other issues as well. All 4 of the tabs for the airbox clips were gone. Luckily I had planned to modify a set of CarboTech runners that were similarly deficient, so I already had some 1 cm square CF rod earmarked for the job. I cut 4 new pieces, then sanded them down to the diagonal (1.4142 cm ;) ) then relieved the internal sides of the wedges so the clips would bite. I scuffed the insides of the runners with a scotchbrite/flap wheel, wiped with isopropyl, and then epoxied the wedges in place and all was right with the world...

Until I was installing the new air filters and one track broke loose. Grrr. Back to the epoxy. I sanded and wiped down the back side of the track. Unfortunately, there was no way to really prep inside the runner. We'll see how well this lasts. at least there's no real stress until the next time I have to clean/replace the filter foam.
 

Attachments

·
Mayor of Simpleton
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
There was one more job to do--replacing all 4 rubber cushions on the Corbin seat. Corbin demands that you send the seat back to them and on top of 2 way shipping costs, who know what they would charge. I found what appeared to be a close match for the bumpers online and already have plenty of aluminum rivets and a gun.

Drill out the old.

In with the new.

So far, so good.

Other than that, I picked up an Insta360 One X and will be shooting some videos of the Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, and other magnificent surrounding roads a week from now.
 

Attachments

201 - 208 of 208 Posts
Top