Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted a good way to stretch and reposition my legs on long hauls and couldn't find an "out of the box" set of pegs I liked. Bought a cheap-o pair ($30) of chrome clamp-ons at Cycle Gear, sanded, primed and painted them. Not perfect on the cosmetic side, but I like 'em! Will try them out on the road today. I'm 5'8", and they seem to be in a perfect spot to either use as forward pegs or to set the backs of my calves on them. Mounted to the Ducati frame guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Good job. I've come to appreciate being able to stretch my legs more. Getting older is a big factor in that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, definitely need to stretch more the older I get : ). They work great - just got back from a short ride (40 miles) to test them out.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
nice. that looks like a high bang-for-buck addition, though I'm guessing the frame guard wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Seems like the foot pegs are really high up there, too high for comfort and a bit awkward. You'll have to let us know how you like them on a longer ride.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What I like to do on longer trips is to stand on the bike, the MTS is perfect for that. With my height, I can exactly stand-up straight on the pegs with my hands on the steering. Just for a minute or so, just a little stretch, it makes all the difference.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
What I like to do on longer trips is to stand on the bike, the MTS is perfect for that. With my height, I can exactly stand-up straight on the pegs with my hands on the steering. Just for a minute or so, just a little stretch, it makes all the difference.
I just let my legs hang down off the pegs. The 1200 is tall enough that my boots will hover a couple of inches off the road. I'll relax and let the wind push my legs back, which gives my hips a nice stretch. On long trips, I may let them hang down for a good five minutes or more at the time. Just have to keep an eye out for anything in the road...

Standing up works pretty good too. I just can't do it for as long, or at speed.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I just let my legs hang down off the pegs. The 1200 is tall enough that my boots will hover a couple of inches off the road. I'll relax and let the wind push my legs back, which gives my hips a nice stretch. On long trips, I may let them hang down for a good five minutes or more at the time. Just have to keep an eye out for anything in the road...

I do this too....and this on time I clipped something in the road....still don't know what that was but damn that hurt! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
yep, when spending an entire day in the saddle I discovered all sorts of little contortions to keep the limbs and torso limber and prevent DVT (blood clots, granted pretty low risk given the amount of movement inherent in riding, unlike sitting on a plane). I'll stand up, sit on the pillion seat, kick the legs straight out front, park the ankles turned inward and outward. I've heard criticism of the "restrictive" nature of the seat, but I find it a nice support on hard acceleration.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm partial to standing on the pegs as well. Being as tall as I am means I can't stand straight up, but as long as I can get my legs straight for a a minute or so I'm good. All of my touring has been done on sport bikes so the multi is going to be a nice change.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

same here, I've been doing this for years and it seems to work well enough. the highway pegs looks so out of place on the multi, they don't even look comfortable... :think:

·
Registered
198 Posts
same here, I've been doing this for years and it seems to work well enough. the highway pegs looks so out of place on the multi, they don't even look comfortable... :think:
I simply sit on the back seat if it becomes an issue!! Your legs stretch nicely then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Crash pegs?

What if we bolt the highway pegs directly to the bike's frame and call them crash pegs??? Just a thought loloolol. BobL.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tomato,

How do you like your highway peg setup so far?

-Jeremy
They are working great! They fold up and away when I don't need them, and, for the longer hauls, I can use them as forward foot "pegs" or rest my calves on them. Make it very easy to stretch out and stay comfortable.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I find what works well is to stand up on the pegs and have my passenger massage my butt :D

(caveat: female passengers only ;) )

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
pegs

Tomato,

Great to hear it, thanks for replying! I thought maybe they looked too high, but I see that we are the same height, so I'm glad to hear they work okay. I like to do long distance touring, and I'm trying to make this my only bike :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts