Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, Ya'll. Just joined, just put a deposit on a DB4 that I'll pick up in a month. I bought it from a collector with 0 miles on it. In the last couple of weeks I've sold all my "project bikes" plus my daily ride, a ZX7R and I've got my ST2 up for sale, so it should go in the next couple of weeks. I've been doing some careful "hoss-trading" for the last 5 years with the goal of either an MV or a Bimota. After sampling both, I've settled on the Bimota. With a sub-400lb wet weight it suits my flick-it, old school tucked-in, no knee-out riding style.

I'm a 50+ yr-old rider with 30+ yrs of varied riding, from two-stroke seventies racers to touring bikes and everything in between. I fell in love with the Ducati motor 3 years ago, after accidentally falling into a great deal on the ST2. I was gonna turn around and resell it to make a profit 'till the first time I rode it; then I was hooked. Don't get me wrong, I like I4's, but the Duc motor is so relaxed feeling while moving fast. :D Besides, I love smokin' young guys on WV twisties; saddlebags and all.

I heard about this DB4 by accident, and drove 200 miles just to look at it....left the guy a deposit and started selling everything that wasn't nailed down.... ;)

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Found this board through a Bimota link.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Welcome aboard ! I think everyone here likes Bimotas just fine. My fav is the DB2, for which I am on the hunt. Eager to hear of your DB4 experiences.

I appreciate your comments on the ST. Though I rarely use them, I like to leave them on if only to let the young squids get a laugh before they retreat into the distance. Nice to remind them that it ain't the bike, it's the rider.

BimotaDB4 said:
Howdy, Ya'll. Just joined, just put a deposit on a DB4 that I'll pick up in a month. I bought it from a collector with 0 miles on it. In the last couple of weeks I've sold all my "project bikes" plus my daily ride, a ZX7R and I've got my ST2 up for sale, so it should go in the next couple of weeks. I've been doing some careful "hoss-trading" for the last 5 years with the goal of either an MV or a Bimota. After sampling both, I've settled on the Bimota. With a sub-400lb wet weight it suits my flick-it, old school tucked-in, no knee-out riding style.

I'm a 50+ yr-old rider with 30+ yrs of varied riding, from two-stroke seventies racers to touring bikes and everything in between. I fell in love with the Ducati motor 3 years ago, after accidentally falling into a great deal on the ST2. I was gonna turn around and resell it to make a profit 'till the first time I rode it; then I was hooked. Don't get me wrong, I like I4's, but the Duc motor is so relaxed feeling while moving fast. :D Besides, I love smokin' young guys on WV twisties; saddlebags and all.

I heard about this DB4 by accident, and drove 200 miles just to look at it....left the guy a deposit and started selling everything that wasn't nailed down.... ;)

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Found this board through a Bimota link.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another newbie reporting in

Salve tutti di Bimotisti, anche io sono un nuovo membro in questa tribuna del motocicli Italiani. 'Gnome' sono, un cavalliero capriccioso. :D
Il mio cavallo precedente era un Ducati, ma ora vorrei comprare Bimota DB2 / DB4. Eventualmente posso fare quello. L'anno prossimo, forse. :)

In other words, greetings to all you lucky sods riding a Bimota. I'm also new on this forum, I decided to register after a week or so lurking. I thought it might be a good idea to join in the introductions as well, even though I'm not one of the Bimotisti, yet. So, I don't own a Bimota yet, and currently not even a Ducati, but my previous bike was a Ducati my current one is another Italian brand, and I've been dreaming about getting a Bimota DB model next. Meanwhile, I'll be hanging out here and reading and talking stuff with you lot. And yeah, I know, my Italian sucks. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts