Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! I've been in and around Ducati since I laid eyes on my first 916 back in 1994. I was just a kid in the military and couldn't afford it, so I opted for the 888:cool: It was all downhill from then. I finally did get my 916 and she survives my Monster 750, S4R, and 999 Mono. For only the second time in my life I am down to just 1 Duc.:rolleyes:

I spent the last 4 years on the 916 at the track, and recently decided that I wanted to get serious and retired the 916 back to street duty. I did an almost complete restore (didn't touch the engine) this past year, and she looks and runs great! At the moment, I am looking for a salvage or race prepped 749-1098 for CCS next season.

I've been street riding with the guys over at STLAR since I moved to St. Louis in 2000, and have been a member of Ducati.ms for nearly as long, and I only recently found this group:sleep: I'm planning on attending the next meeting on the 15th!

Here are some pics of my baby. I look forward to meeting up with you guys and sharing routes (I've been drive coordinator for the Lotus club and held several STLAR member rides.)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome aboard and thanks for the photos. Please look for the thread discussing the 9/15 meeting so we have a head count. Can you ride the 916 there, weather permitting- it will look cool to have all the Ducatis on Delmar!

Also, there should be a ride this coming Saturday- look here and on the website.

Sincerely,
Gary

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome ,that's a nice bike! Like Rob M said when I joined up , alright another superbike !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome

That's one very nicely restored 916. I have a '97 that looks like its twin except I've done the white tail and nose, some CF bits, Mag wheels, and slipper clutch. Love that original DUCATI font! Hope to see you on a ride soon...or at the track in that lovely Exige hiding in the background behind the ducati.

Robert

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. I have a well used set of sharkskinz. Why, you trying to get me to put her back on the track after all this work? :eek:

:D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not at all, I am asking for me. I have a Tricoloure 01 996s and want to take it to the track. Would you be interedted in selling them.

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Welcome, and gorgeous bike!

That's one very nicely restored 916. I have a '97 that looks like its twin except I've done the white tail and nose, some CF bits, Mag wheels, and slipper clutch. Love that original DUCATI font! Hope to see you on a ride soon...or at the track in that lovely Exige hiding in the background behind the ducati.

Robert
Great to see you posting here, Robert!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts