Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys-

I jumped the fence from the Jap bike world and I'm glad I did! I just bought a new white 848 and love it! I can't wait until I get this sucker broken in, so I can rip on it. I hope those 2500KM come quick...

Anyways, I've been lurking a bit and SEARCHING as well, but I wanted to ask a couple questions that I couldn't find definitive answers to.

Do you guys like the pitbull rearstands w/the reversible arm or another brand?

Cheapest OEM parts and online manuals?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good choice!
go with pitbull
you only need to break it in for 600 miles
flea bay

Thats my 00.2 cents the IRS got the other .98

·
Registered
956 Posts
Good choice!
go with pitbull
flea bay

You need to break in a stand?:D

I bought the Ducati stands, front and back (it's all my dealer had), and I'm really happy with them. But having said that, the only other stand I have any experience with was the one I built when I worked for a machine shop. Tube steel, ugly, heavy, and worked great!

BTW, to the OP, congrats on the cross over. It's a different world. Even something as simple as a piece of metal (a bolt, a machined bit...) feels different with a Ducati...I gave my bike up on Friday for service, and it feels like I've gone a month without a ride...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Build a relationship with your local dealer...you're gonna need him come service time.
Yeah, what's the deal with the servicing, you have to have it done by the dealer for the warranty to be valid??? I'm a wrench turner, so I'd rather save the $$$ if able

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yeah, what's the deal with the servicing, you have to have it done by the dealer for the warranty to be valid??? I'm a wrench turner, so I'd rather save the $$$ if able
many things require "special" tools on a duc, but they can be purchased. its certainly one of the priciest bikes to own for maintenance, but its all forgotten once u get on and ride it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good choice!
go with pitbull
flea bay

Gee, my Owner's Manual says from 600 to 1500 miles you're not supposed to run it past 7,000 rpm. Just hit 1,000 miles today but I don't know if I'll be able to keep it below 7K for another 500 miles.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You might want to research the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I've posted the text from the second page of that link.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/2301.html
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act said:
(c) Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission
No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if—
(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.
The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.
In other words, anyone can provide the service, as it clearly is not provided at no cost by the dealer. If that other person does something wrong though and it causes a problem then warranty won't cover it. The dealer of course will determine that and if they find it to be something done incorrectly or omitted at the service, then it will fall back on that service center (or yourself). I'm not sure of the cost of pursuing a claim against this act on a dealer if they refuse to honor the warranty, so that's something you should probably consider as well. Also, IANAL, so the usual disclaimers apply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
pitbull stands are great...come highly recomended from my shop as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You might want to research the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I've posted the text from the second page of that link.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/2301.html

In other words, anyone can provide the service, as it clearly is not provided at no cost by the dealer. If that other person does something wrong though and it causes a problem then warranty won't cover it. The dealer of course will determine that and if they find it to be something done incorrectly or omitted at the service, then it will fall back on that service center (or yourself). I'm not sure of the cost of pursuing a claim against this act on a dealer if they refuse to honor the warranty, so that's something you should probably consider as well. Also, IANAL, so the usual disclaimers apply.

I will check into that... Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts