Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, 1st post here and also recently purchased a 1997 748.

Just want to know what are the key items I should pay attentions to, popular mods, I'm going to take it to a dealer for look over and maybe services (key questions to ask)

On to the bike:
1997 748 Biposto Yellow
16k miles
told it has gone thru 15k miles service (but no record)
D&D pipe (don't know why, but its loud)
from some reason it has 190 tires on the rear.

Thanks in Adv.

·
Registered
746 Posts
A dealer will be able to spot if the service was done. Belts should be changed and valve clearance check too I think. No harm done to change oil and filter just to be sure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Everything DME3 said plus I'd also have them look over the rockers carefully while doing the valve check. And a radiator flush too. Get all new fluids in there if you're unsure of the history.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
congrats and welcome aboard, we need pictures, lots of them :)

get the suspension sag set and fit the right springs if necessary, change brake and clutch fluid.

there's plenty to do before going for mods, try to hold off until you've had a full service, they're not cheap and go from there.

Once you get a clean bill of health get some miles on her and let us know what your feeling is and your budget, virtually every part is replaceable with something nicer. you might want to read through the hall of wisdom first though.

have a browse through motowheels.com best website and service i've ever come across.

and don't forget those photos :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts