Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so iam new to the forum and want to get back into a duc
had a 95 900ss that truly loved it and want to by another 2 valve but this time a 1000 ds supersport.
Is this the rarest one of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what is the riding postion like compared to a 749 or 848,just might have to grab one of these as there are plenty to be found.
any info would be helpfull

thanks mike

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
The SS1000DS is not the rarest of all but it is the best. It's riding position is not as leaned in as my '02 Bayliss 998 but I'm as comfortable on my 998 as on my '05 SS1000DS so I'm the wrong person to ask about ergos.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hard to find

what i meant to say is it is the hardest to find of the last 2 valve's,lots of
900's around,but man i can only find one and it is the year with the red frame.
would really like a yellow one.
being in canada even worse. willing to travel for the right bike
to me nothing sounds like a two valve.

mike

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
My '05 is the grey with red wheels one. I'm not crazy about the red wheels but everyone else seems to think it's awesome. I looked for two years to find it. Although there were 2 or 3 that came available in that time frame that I didn't have the money for at the time. They don't come up often. Good luck. BTW, it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The sales manager at Spectrum in Irvine just scored on a 1000SS. It was yellow, but he painted it black, and it looks great. Grey wheels and frame.

Bruce is quite right though, wait for the 1000DS over the 900. Unless you have to have a carb'd version, that's the only option I would consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts