Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the bike with a clear Ducati title that has a Yamaha engine to run around my house. Do you know which model bike the tank is from? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Bon Vivant
11,583 Posts
Interesting. I couldn't say that is a ducati tank (if it is it's from a model I'm unfamiliar with) but it is a Ducati narrowcase frame
Have fun with that bike, looks like a hoot. :)
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That tank appears to be a Bronco tank. I believe the round Monza tank is a bit longer and would fit farther down the frame towards the seat. If you have a few measurements, I can compare to my round tank Monza.

The rear hook on the tank that fastens to the frame and seat is too far away to properly hook. I am pretty confident that you have a Bronco tank on a Monza frame.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bronco tank

A bronco,monza,sebring ect used the same tank,only difference is bronco,had
two threaded studs welded on the rear bottom to mount on frame.I know as I have two broncos,one sebring 3 monzas

·
Bon Vivant
11,583 Posts
A bronco,monza,sebring ect used the same tank,only difference is bronco,had
two threaded studs welded on the rear bottom to mount on frame.I know as I have two broncos,one sebring 3 monzas
Sorry the Sebring and Monza did not use the same tank, at least not for all years, that is nothing like the Monza or sebrings I've seen.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
'flynn, the bikes you show ('square') were only made for two years. pre and post '66-'67 were the round style bodywork.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sebring tanks

There 65" Sebrings with Diana tanks, Sebrings with round type monza tanks early 65"
and 66 & 67 squared monza tanks and monza jr 66 & 67 monza tanks & sebrings

·
Bon Vivant
11,583 Posts
'flynn, the bikes you show ('square') were only made for two years. pre and post '66-'67 were the round style bodywork.
OK, I thought it might be a model year thing but these are the bikes I remember as a monza and sebring.
So it looks like a few models in any given year shared the tank shape?
What about the mach1 and diana, are the tanks the same between those as well?

Paul, your post is a bit cryptic. Can you please try to write a complete sentence? :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
proper sentence

Making fun of my sentence,does not make up for your lack knowledge of Sebrings or all the other models for that matter. Your in the company of some of the most knowledgeable members of this ducati group, and your the first,to get picayune, over sentence structure, from Know on, walk the straight and narrow.We shall watch your future posts Capt Paul

·
Registered
26 Posts
That looks like fun. what is that, a dit engine (DT-1) with a Webco head? looks good. I share a garage every year at Willow AHRMA with a guy with a dit with a Webco head, goes quite well in the 250 GP class. That should be fun to ride.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the updates on the tank. The bike was used for AHRMA and the engine is a CT-1. I have a street tag for the bike now but looking to go racing with a few more mods in the summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bronco Tank:

Round Style Monza 250:

Square Monza 250:

Round Style Sebring 350:

Square Sebring 250:

Both the round style Monza and Sebring Tanks and the Bronco tank is listed as 13 Litre/3.4 Gal Capacity- so except for the Bronco only having ONE fuel tap bung and the other 2 having TWO, they seem to be the same....

·
Bon Vivant
11,583 Posts
Making fun of my sentence,does not make up for your lack knowledge of Sebrings or all the other models for that matter. Your in the company of some of the most knowledgeable members of this ducati group, and your the first,to get picayune, over sentence structure, from Know on, walk the straight and narrow.We shall watch your future posts Capt Paul
You have me wrong Paul, I wasn't making fun of your sentence structure. I truly could not and cannot understand what you are trying to say in your post.

There 65" Sebrings with Diana tanks, Sebrings with round type monza tanks early 65"
and 66 & 67 squared monza tanks and monza jr 66 & 67 monza tanks & sebrings
I just want to understand what this means... :think:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts