Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Rob and I'm pretty new to the two-wheeled community. I rode dirt bikes, four-wheeler ATVs, and snowmobiles growing up as a kid in Alaska and owned my first street bike several years ago. It was a 2008 Buell xB12ss and I enjoyed it, but ended up selling it to scrap together several extra thousand toward the down payment on a house. I'm about to graduate from grad school and the weather is starting to get nicer and I've been getting that itch. I'm looking to pick up a 2011 or 2012 Hypermotard 796 in matte black.

Hope to learn a lot while browsing the forums! :D

Pics of my old bike...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Buy mine instead, you know you want the 1100 :)
It's in the classified section ....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy mine instead, you know you want the 1100 :)
It's in the classified section ....
Going to check out both tomorrow at a local dealership. I thought about used, but I want a new bone stock bike so I can mod the way I want. Bought my Buell used and highly modified and don't want to go that route again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Going to check out both tomorrow at a local dealership. I thought about used, but I want a new bone stock bike so I can mod the way I want. Bought my Buell used and highly modified and don't want to go that route again.
Gotcha. Just keep in mind that I'd be happy to sell you my 2011 1100evo in bone stock condition for $8900. 2700miles on the odometer. You can take or leave the extras :D

Either way, happy shopping!!

oh, and I owned this for a couple summers, fun little bike :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome! Love the Buell!
The Hyper's a great choice. But make sure you ride the 796 before you buy it. I found it way underpowered, and you might as well, coming from an XB12.
Happy searching!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha. Just keep in mind that I'd be happy to sell you my 2011 1100evo in bone stock condition for $8900. 2700miles on the odometer. You can take or leave the extras :D

Either way, happy shopping!!

oh, and I owned this for a couple summers, fun little bike :)
Darren, thank you and I will keep your bike and price in mind! Nice Buell you had there. They're fun little bikes and too bad they went under. I believe Erik Buell is still trying to resurrect the company one way or another.

Welcome! Love the Buell!
The Hyper's a great choice. But make sure you ride the 796 before you buy it. I found it way underpowered, and you might as well, coming from an XB12.
Happy searching!
Thanks! I am going to look at a 796 today, but they don't have an 1100S to compare with. I'm up here in Rhode Island, so I'll probably wait until I get home to Virginia Beach next month to do a true side by side comparison and make my final decision. Yeah, I was very happy with the power from my old xB12. Difference is noticeable from the xB9 and I'm sure it is the same for the two Hyper models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts