Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forum so wanted to Introduce myself

Ive had several Ducatis over the years but right now I have a 2012 1199 panigale and a 2012 multistrada both with alot of work done to them, also have a 2017 honda africa twin. Look forward to reading all the info on this site and having some discussions.

·
Administrator
12,122 Posts
Welcome to the site, glad to have you roaming our halls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. What part of Texas?

and how do you like that Africa twin? I’ve been toying with the idea of adding one to the stable.
I'm in san angelo. I love the africa twin, super smooth and comfortable bike and great on and off road

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve been considering one to do some trail riding up north of Houston in the national forest.

Any regrets buying one vs a dirt bike and just hauling it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve been considering one to do some trail riding up north of Houston in the national forest.

Any regrets buying one vs a dirt bike and just hauling it?
I have a dirtbike as well, but honestly never really gets used unless I just really want to rip it. Its nice not having to load and unload a bike, just ride out and ride back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Africa Twin weighs 2X over most dirt bikes if I remember right. Does that bother/fatigue you on the trails?

The not having to load/unload thing is what is drawing me that direction, but the weight gives me pause.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Africa Twin weighs 2X over most dirt bikes if I remember right. Does that bother/fatigue you on the trails?

The not having to load/unload thing is what is drawing me that direction, but the weight gives me pause.
It really dosent feel that heavy, but it does feel much more stable. Now if you are going to be riding very hard then I guess the weight may be an issue, but just a nice trail ride its perfect.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome, we spoke on FB a couple months ago. I know that Multi well.

If you ever head up to NM and want to hit the mountains, i'm up in Artesia.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
We have a San Antonio based Fb group I moderate as well, we do lots of rides to The Sisters etc. MotoGP get togethers. Ducati Riders Of San Antonio. Check it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have a San Antonio based Fb group I moderate as well, we do lots of rides to The Sisters etc. MotoGP get togethers. Ducati Riders Of San Antonio. Check it out.
Ill have to check that out, Im in San Antonio ofter, and will be at Cota in april. Always looking for people to ride with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts