Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've got a '10 Sport and the first gremlin has appeared. I've read other people's posts about steering unlock error, and that many simply don't bother with it, but I kinda like the lock, for now. Anyways, my bike actually fails to engage the lock. Seemed to work, now it's very hit or miss. I get the light, waiting for lock, hit the button again, and nothing, no sound, no pin engages, nada. So, anyone else? Recommendations or just complain at the dealer next time it's in?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had the same problem when the bars were locked to the right but not the left. Try locking them in the opposite direction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Check with your dealer on this. I have a '10 Sport and had the red button replaced under warranty. I believe there was an update on the hands free system while I was there also.

·
Registered
392 Posts
there was a recall

There was definitely a recall for the lock failing to release, so you should take your bike to the dealer and get the update, maybe it also fixes failure to lock

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for info guys. I know how dealer's can be, especially when you bring in a used bike not purchased from that dealer, which is what I've done. That said, anyone have the TSB for it? LEt me guess, "google"?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Try the big button by the tank (I never use the one on the handle bar). If you get the same results (ie. some times it works, some times it doesn't), it's not the little red button (which is what the SB covers).

If the pin won't engage, there is either crud built up on/around it keeping it from moving, or the switch that tells the pin it's clear to engage is faulty. If it's still under warranty, have your dealer look at it. If it's not, the first thing I'd do is clean any grunge from that area and see if you get more repeatable behavior. A good dollop of waterproof grease on the locking pins couldn't hurt either.

-SM

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THanks Monkey. I'll give that method a try. It's locked now. Hopefully when i get out of the office she doesn't decide to also not disengage. That would really piss me off. Guess that's why guys aren't really using that feature.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
" i second that "
My keyless gas cap is one of the few items I've never had a problem with! Almost 24K miles of flawless use, so far! :D

Oh, hang on, we're talking about the keyless steering lock in this thread, aren't we! Sheesh! Ignore my comments. I need to get more sleep! :eek:

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Are you getting a locking error and the beeping sound? One odd thing is you cannot lock it if the key is out of range. It will flash the waiting to lock message, but hitting the button won't do anything.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'm just at 10,000 now, owned the bike for 1,000, and now this minor thing. I'm going to switch to the big button to see if that changes things re engaging. I liked using the red switch because it seems more ergonomic. I've always had the key very close to bike when trying to engage and the fob has a brand new battery. No other error messges or warning lights etc.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I haven't had trouble with mine but I am afraid to use it.

You can also remove the battery and give a full charge. Short the leads of the bike before re-connecting the battery. You'll then need to turn the DTC back on, and set the clock, and any custom settings (I think).

·
North Carolina, USA
3,321 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use my lock regularly. The only issue I have is interference from my iPhone. If the phone is too close the lock will sometimes not work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.