21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Picked up my new/used bike around lunch time today.
Rode it about 75 miles home.

The first 20 miles, was getting to know it a bit. Getting the feel of it. It instantly put a smile on my face. Next 20 miles, alot more comfortable, relaxed a bit. The last 35 miles ish, wow, I am truly impressed with this bike.

It runs alot smoother at 3000 RPMs and above. So I was tending to down shift when the RPMs dropped below 3100 ish... Tended to upshift typically in 5000 range.

Love the accelleration, power, ride, suspension, technology. I can understand how some think it rides a bit rough below 3000 RPMs... But one of my prior bikes was a Exile Chopper hardtail with 124 S&S.. that was a beast of motor, motocycle. Compared to it, MTS is a cadillac.

Went into a Cycle Gear this pm, picked up a new Shoei helmet, Sena, Ram Mount and a few other goodies.

Looking forward to the next time I get to take it for a ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked up my new/used bike around lunch time today.
Rode it about 75 miles home.

The first 20 miles, was getting to know it a bit. Getting the feel of it. It instantly put a smile on my face. Next 20 miles, alot more comfortable, relaxed a bit. The last 35 miles ish, wow, I am truly impressed with this bike.

It runs alot smoother at 3000 RPMs and above. So I was tending to down shift when the RPMs dropped below 3100 ish... Tended to upshift typically in 5000 range.

Love the accelleration, power, ride, suspension, technology. I can understand how some think it rides a bit rough below 3000 RPMs... But one of my prior bikes was a Exile Chopper hardtail with 124 S&S.. that was a beast of motor, motocycle. Compared to it, MTS is a cadillac.

Went into a Cycle Gear this pm, picked up a new Shoei helmet, Sena, Ram Mount and a few other goodies.

Looking forward to the next time I get to take it for a ride.
And the Ducati family has another convert!!!!! I came off a 2017 FJR and wow is this a different riding experience. The torque of the L-twin, the lightness and flickability, ride, etc. I really liked my FJR but I love my Multistrada!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Xring01
Congrats on the 2010 if you picked it up with only 8k miles, you didn’t mention price.
If you didn’t get it you splurge and buy mine in Redondo Beach, CA

2018 MTS 1260S Touring $19,000 14,700 miles just got the 15k DESMO done and has new chain and sprocket kit.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts